1.14.2013

Chloé Pre-Fall 2013


images via Vogue

I think there's no denying the fact that when a collection comes out that I really love, I obsess. Chloé Pre-Fall 2013 is no exception. 

Clare Waight Keller has done it once again with this sixties mod inspired, masculine yet super feminine collection. Light blue paired with bright red and forest green seem like an uncanny match at first but it's an alluring combination. We have that staple 60's mustard-yellow skirt which sends me images of long haired blondes and shag carpet, but even so the ensemble just screams modern. Pairing a piece like that with brown leather boots and a dusty-pink blouse is what makes it so great — making you feel like it's something you would actually wear today, even though the color of the skirt itself seems so dated and vintage.

Androgyny shines through with cropped tailored pants and super boxy tops, but none of this is new for Chloé. The harsh lines and warm textures and colors; it's all quite soft but sharp and yet, everything seems to balance out in the end. What's not to love? I'd definitely take this over Lanvin's [animal] print heavy pre-fall collection any day. Also can we just talk about that black drop-waist dress with the super flared skirt paired with those black ankle boots? Edgy, sophisticated and totally chic.

I'm not going to say much more about this other than I've got Sir Serge playing wishing I was in a café in Paris eating ridiculously delicious food in one of these outfits. Light pink, black, greys, and light blue? I'm all over it.  Chloé is always a heartbreaker for me (in that I can't afford anything), but I'll always be here lusting over it.

What do you guys think? Do you like fashion posts like this? I kind of miss doing them! 

5 comments:

  1. I usually hate androgynous collections but as you say this still has super feminine notes running through it! Gorgeous line.

    Http://hannahrebekahcampbell.blogspot.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the colour palette of the collection


    Black and Vanilla
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing collection

    Z
    STREET STYLE post
    http://www.are-we-on-time.com/2013/01/absolute-favourite-street-style-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVED this collection when I saw it. So clean and modern, while having super feminine touches reminiscent of the 60s. And the color palette is genius. Sheer perfection in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't really followed the collections this year... but that reminds me, UO has a super cute seafoam-y pleated skirt that I've been wanting. ARGH.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips