1.15.2013

Chanel Joues Contraste Blush in Rose Ecrin



This post feels kind of extravagant but I think it's only because this is my first Chanel purchase ever.

Rose Ecrin is a not too bright yet not too light rosy pink shade. It's definitely not something I'm used to as I like deeper or more neutral blushes — I actually didn't think this blush would look good on my skin tone at all, but alas, I was talked into it. It goes on really nicely and is quite buildable (I had to put a ton on to get it to show up in photos). I do feel like this will be a staple for me come spring and summer. I'm trying to venture into the world of corals and pinks and non-brown eyeshadows but when you're a berry/deep color lover, it's hard!

The only flaw I have with this blush is the smell. Even as a fan of all things rose scented this stuff is soooo strong; I would definitely steer clear if you're at all sensitive to fragrance. I've had it on for about two hours now and I can still smell it, craaaaaazy! While it isn't completely off-putting I would definitely prefer the blush to be non-scented or a little less strong — I don't mind scented blush or foundation but what I do mind is when it lingers for hours.

Would I buy another Chanel blush? Probably not anytime soon. While I really love the packaging and luxuriousness of it, NARS is cheaper and just as good (quality wise), at least to me! The Chanel is a bit silkier but unless you're applying it with your hands (please don't do that) there's not much of a difference when it's on the face!

What do you guys think of Chanel blushes? Worth the price?
P.S. sorry about the lighting! They just cut down 3/4 of a tree and now it's ridiculously bright in my house!

21 comments:

  1. I've yet to try a Chanel blush. It looks pretty, definitely on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks beautiful on you! Though that's weird about the smell...I have a couple of benefit blushes that you can smell in the pan (though it's more fruity or sweet than floral) but once you put it on you cant smell it. I'm not sure how I would feel about a scent from a blush lingering! Looks nice anyway, I've never bought anything from Chanel but I'm dying to try a foundation or bronzer :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the Benefit ones don't actually smell while on which is why I like them! The Chanel smell is just so strong! I got a sample of Vitalumiere Aqua and it's quite nice. Might invest in the summer! x

      Delete
  3. I have rose initial and I love it. I wouldn't buy another though. I do have a mild obsession with rouge coco shine lipsticks though. Speaking of, what color are you wearing on your lips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie with Capricious on top. Blotted to take away shine! x

      Delete
    2. Thanks. I am horrified that I said though twice! Ha.

      Delete
  4. Lovely color. There is so many Chanel products I would love to try. Just need to get my hands on them..it sucks they arent sold near me.

    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this blush and I feel the same, takes a bit of work to get it to look like it's there but once you do it's lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the smell of Chanel products (it isn't off-putting at all, for me at least :)). The blush looks reaaaally nice on you, really natural. I've tried only one Chanel blush so far in Malice but not long enough to « review » the product. Anyway I use the Vitalumière Aqua (I saw you talked about it in a comment) on a daily basis and I love it. It's like silk, it has a great coverage and doesn't dehydrate my skin. You should give it a try ;).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the effect of this blush but as you say I'm not sure I could deal with a strong rose smell! I have the most gorgeous shower gel but it smells so strongly of roses I can only use it every now and then.

    Project Rattlebag

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. you always take such lovely photos. I haven't tried a Chanel blush but really want too. this shade looks lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know what you mean about the smell of Chanel blushers! This shade looks amazing on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow lovely post!!I'm not a huge cream blush fan but I have used a Chanel Makeup product before ; My mascara and it is INCREDIBLE!!
    Lots of love (ps you look stunning in that pic!)
    from
    Annabelle
    TheCurleyGirl
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rose ecrin looks lovely on you.
    I just won an e bay bid for Chanel 's JC blush in 'in love' I'm excited to try it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not to do with the blush at all (although it's lovely) lol, but I'm noticing in the pictures that you seem to have some kinda layers going on in your hair; I've just commented in another hair post somewhere else on your blog, and I just wanted to know you find keeping layers is, considering your hair (like mine) is naturally curly/can get really dry/can get frizzy??

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well I've *always* had layers so I guess I can't really compare what it's like to not have them — that said I just got a bunch more put in because I didn't like the way long layers looked on me. I've gotten into a rhythm where my hair is pretty healthy/not too frizzy and I find as long as I'm using the right products I'm okay! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks like the most gorgeous blush! I love the packaging of Chanel products. The blush looks lovely on you! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know — it's so classy and elegant! Thank you! xx

      Delete
  15. i think i fell out of love with chanel blushes when i discovered that nars ones were just as nice and much cheaper. Back when that happened in 2008, nars blushes were much cheaper haha. Now i'm kinda meh about both brands for blushes, LOL! But anyway, I think your pics still look good AND this is a pretty color so I'm glad you got it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look so pretty! :)

    ♥ annemie

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips