11.11.2013

Chanel Vitalumière Aqua


Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation in 10 Beige · $45

Once upon a time I heard that YSL was bringing out a new serum foundation. You guys know I love their Le Teint Touché Éclat foundation so duh, I obviously needed this new one in my life. For the most part I've stayed true to my beloved YSL, we're talking a whole year (2 bottles!!!). That foundation was my holy grail... so I mean, it only makes sense.

I read reviews, watched youtube videos and for some reason wasn't at all impressed with what I was seeing. Maybe it's because I'm partial to a more dewy look? But something about the basically-satin finish still intrigued me anyway. I hopped over to the Goddess of Makeup's youtube channel and was reminded just how much she loves Chanel. Fast forward to a week later and I was at the Chanel counter getting all matched and beautified. I left with my own little bottle of heaven and haven't looked back.

This foundation is still light enough for me to love it but definitely covers most of my redness and blemishes. It sets to a ridiculously natural coverage and it's just freaking flawless. It's like a second skin, no joke, which I guess seems creepy but I love it all the same. I've worn this on my (normal) skin for about a good 10 hours before the red bits around my nose started to show. I top up with a little and it all sets in together and looks so so so good.

This is the kind of foundation that gets you excited to do your makeup. It's the kind of thing that adds just a little something to natural beauty so well. I dunno, I've never been one for full coverage. I just want something that'll even me out and not add too much. So, ahhh, I've been obsessed since the day I bought it and will probably continue to do so for the rest of forever. Chanel, I salute you.


21 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about purchasing this, I think you've cemented my decision that I need it. Also, you look absolutely gorgeous and those brows are fierce! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GO FOR IT. It's seriously the best foundation ever (can you tell I love it?). Thanks babes! Trying to grow them out more ;) xx

      Delete
  2. I hear so many good things about this foundation but am wondering if it works on dry skin. And I definitely agree your brows look fantastic here !

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU BEAT ME TO IT (but it was your rec anyway so I guess I'll let you off ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many people adore this foundation, I really would like to give it a whirl for myself :)

    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does this foundation have a scent to it, and do you think it would work well for dry skin?

    I love the YSL Touche Eclat too and It's my holy grail for the moment. I did get a sample of the YSL Serum foundation and tried it, but I didn't really like it as much as I thought I would. In my opinion the Touche Elcat gives a much better finish (I prefer dewy, and I have dry skin so it's perfect really). I just couldn't get past the smell of the serum foundation. It's VERY perfume scented and sort of smells old? Idk... the scent wouldn't fade on me and lasted all day and was driving me nuts so I never purchased it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah this looks lovely. Doubt it comes in a shade that matches my pale skin, though.

    Katie | and-katie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great on you.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This truly looks like skin on you. I own the compact version and love it as well.

    http://makeupbypatriciam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're really wearing foundation? *Grabs shopping list*.

    xo Lillian from parisiantobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This foundation is actually perfect. I cannot fault it!

    http://jemaroons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the finish of this foundation. I've always heard such great thing from YouTubers like Ingrid about the foundation so I reeeally want to try it. I'm hoping to get it with my birthday/Christmas money.

    Laura
    www.lauraneuzeth.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great minds think alike! I just bought this foundation last week and it is AMAZING. I was so torn on getting this foundation for ages because some people said it was too sheer, which I was afraid of, as I like a medium coverage. I had a gift card, so I decided to bite the bullet and honestly, I haven't looked back. It was nice when the sales assistant applied on me, but even better when I did it myself at home. I couldn't stop staring at my skin! It feels like nothing, yet it just seems to blur all those imperfections. I'm so torn between which one to buy out of YSL Serum or Le Teint Touché Éclat foundation, but I think I'm going to go with Touché Éclat. I prefer a more dewey look myself and I love my NARS Sheer Glow as my medium/full coverage foundation. Sorry, I ramble a lot!

    http://vintagemachine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds amazing, I really want to try it! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD 

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like it a lot but I recently sold it in a blog sale because it wasn't amongst my faves and didn't get much use x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been eyeing this up recently, and I am definitely intrigued. It almost sounds too good to be true!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never been a foundation kinda girl but lately my skin is acting up and I definitely need more coverage than a tinted moisturizer. I've been all over Clinique's anti-blemish liquid makeup but it's quite drying... might be worth testing this baby out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. All time FAV foundation!! Love it! Don't love the price tag so much though! :)

    sal

    http://novarellie.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips