9.04.2013

ch-ch-changes


New logo. New nonsense. *gasp*

I haven't been around for a while. Almost a month, which seems so crazy, really. Like anything else in this world though there are totally some legit excuses reasons as to why. 

First and most important is: this stopped feeling like my space. I started this blog to write about what I like, what I enjoy, what I do. I started this blog to make relationships. Somewhere down the road it turned into a full on beauty blog which is great, but there really is so much more to my life than makeup. I started buying all of the things I wanted when I wanted them. There was less of wait, less of a chase, and it made them a lot less fun. I want to genuinely freak out over how much I love a brand new mascara again. Where the hell has the thrill gone?

Secondly, I got bored. I looked at my blog and it was like : product, product, product. There are bloggers and vloggers who are really good at this stuff. They write consistently about products and make it interesting and I drool and it just, it makes sense. I, personally, cannot keep doing the same thing all the time. I bore myself and get stuck in ruts and get frustrated. I need to flail around and let this blog just be whatever the hell it wants. Fashion. Beauty. Food. Lifestyle. Whatever whatever. Why set limits? What good comes from limits? (the answer is nothing, in case you were wondering)

I love taking photos. I love overdressing in San Francisco because people think (and look at me like) I am insane. I have a soft spot for succulents and I'm moving in 4 days. I can't wait to start doing yoga religiously again. I can't wait to not have a 100ºf fever because the delirium, while slightly hilarious, is actually doing my head in. Sometimes I listen to the Sims Buy Mode 1 song just for funsies. I am consistently compared to April Ludgate by people I know and some that I don't. I don't even know what this all says about me but what I do know that this blog doesn't encompass even half of this. And I want it to. So now, it's going to. 

I will still be beauty blogging, just less than I was before, and it'll be mixed in with a ton of other things.  I haven't stopped feeling thankful for everyone who has ever even read my blog in passing. Always grateful. Always. So without further ado — this blog has now been liberated and is free to be whatever the hell it wants.


22 comments:

  1. I am EXCITED and also I want to/am going to introduce more non-beauty into my blog because as much as I like BEAUTY I didn't call my blog The Private LIFE of a Girl for NOTHING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM SO GLAD YOU'RE BACK! There was just.. silence and I had no idea what was going on! I'm glad you shared this with us, and I'm sure your blog will be as awesome as ever :)

    Verena xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are back! Can't agree more, don't feel restricted by what you post, post about everything you want on your blog , I do too and it gives it great variety which makes your blog more personal.Can't wait to read more hun!

    Eloise | simplynaturale xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. ICE ICE BABY. Mucho love for you and heck, you're moving? Erm skype phone call for a house tour?! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see more from you and I am excited for all these new posts! X

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD 

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like we hit exactly the same rut. I also decided to not be restricted about what I post. Sure when I post some particular posts get significantly less views than my 'usual' stuff, but that doesn't really matter to me because it's my blog and I like what I like.

    www.gleepface.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I'll read whatever you write :) And yoga. Oi, I started back this week. I'm so sore! It's literally been years since I've stretched at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's your creative space, it doesn't have to follow any rules. Talk about fishing if you want. I'll still read!

    Chloé
    Myrkvi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I recently discovered your blog and I really like it. I think it's good not to set limits on what you should blog; you should blog whatever you feel like blogging. I know it's easier said than done though. Anyway, I like your new layout and hope you get better soon! x

    Nerve Wires

    ReplyDelete
  10. As you said, this is YOUR space. Do whatever makes you feel good and inspired! Go girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh I love the blog makeover, especially the new headshot/profile photo. :) And welcome the change - it's good for the soul! Can't wait to read more from you. x

    http://jemaroons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Go for it! I am willing to read more than just your beauty posts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I guess that's what blogging is about, right? In the way, things change and you find what you like and what you don't - and when you actually notice what you don't like, it's a great feeling to know you can actually change it and do whatever you please because it's your blog after all and the followers aren't just here for a review.


    Can't wait to hear more about you and your life :)
    Bian, Mortem Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  14. Go for it! I personally enjoy getting different posts, it makes it much more interesting and it also allows me (as well as your readers) to get to know you better. I know for my blog I just ignored all the "rules" and decided that I'm going to post whatever I want. Sometimes I'll post a vlog, other days it'll be a beauty review, and then there are my music playlists. I'm sure you're going to have a lot more fun with your blog and I can't wait to see what's in store. :-) Also I am loving the new layout and your picture. You honestly look like Annie Clark from St. Vincent in the picture.

    Laura
    www.lauraneuzeth.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't wait to see what it turns into! I'm sure it will be great! :) A big thumbs up from me, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I understand where you're coming from. I love your beauty posts but I also really love your photography and your style posts too. Your blog is one of my favourites to read so I can't see what else you're going to bring to it in the future x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad to see you back! I'm looking forward to the glimpse of your life, as opposed to beauty blog. There are only so many that one can read as well.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad to see you back! I'm looking forward to the glimpse of your life, as opposed to beauty blog. There are only so many that one can read as well.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay! I'm actually so excited to see what else you'll have in store blog wise. My favorite blogs are always the most diverse ones.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great post! I totally understand your feeling of buying something without waiting and being excited for it! It sucks. But you go girl, you write whatever your heart desires :) I will still be an avid reader/follower! Good luck with your move x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I get it! Sometimes it is hard blogging with all those amazing blogs that are in existence. I feel you on the "drooling over products" thing. Keep up the good work though, you have nothing to stress about, your blog is unique!
    xoxo

    www.necessarynothings.blogspot.com

    www.thegarbedge.com

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips