9.06.2013

mixtape 01 · summer sunset



First order of business : virtual mixtape. Really it's just playlist but lets not get caught up in logistics yeah? Plus, doesn't "mixtape" just sound one thousand times more romantic? Welcome [back] to the 90's, ladies and gents. This one's called Summer Sunset.

I'm already getting nostalgic for summer's end and like let's be honest, who doesn't love a good mix.  I'm one of those people that is constantly listening to music. 24/7.  It's just one of the small things that  I enjoy immensely (and sorry that I like to pretend my life has it's own soundtrack because, you know, it does. Doesn't it?). This will probably be an ongoing thing — it'd be cool if I could do 1-2 of these babies per month. Look at me already getting ahead of myself, as if it didn't take me like two days to make this thing because I'm overly obsessive. I really wanted to make sure it had that perfect flow.  I don't even know if that makes sense but ahhh, I so hope someone really really enjoys this. Also you should take note that I have not yet let go of my infatuation with peach(es). I think this might be a life-long love. Not even gonna hide it. 

I made the mix on both Spotify, Rdio, and 8tracks (don't hate on my 4 year old username) just to make sure most people could have a listen. That said, Spotify didn't have the Lisztomania remix I wanted so I just popped in the original. Massive cockblock, thanks Spot! This is essentially just a complilation of all of the music I've been enamored/infatuated with this summer. All of those omg-i-can't-get-enough songs. You know what I mean.

Anyway, feel free to follow + subscribe. Oh and let me know what you think! 


             

13 comments:

  1. Ooh I love mixtapes, love this set its awesome starred every single song now! Got my second favourite song in there too Lisztomania!

    Eloise | simplynaturale xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I know what I'll be listening tonight during my party of one chillax session....

    xo Lillian from parisiantobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love hearing music suggestions ! Great post

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
  4. Giving it a listen! I'm a fan of mixtapes.
    Bian, Mortem Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seapony <3

    Love posts like this & I love your blog.

    FayeAlexandra

    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you have Alpine in your list! They are Australian and super lovely- I met them last year at SWSW :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was such a beautiful playlist! I love summer mixes that are super dreamy and just make you think of the sun setting, like this one does. You have some excellent artists in here like Phoenix (which Lisztomania remix was it, by the way?!), Alpine, Girls, Washed Out, Youth Lagoon, Tourist, HAERTS - okay, so I basically like all of them! I'd never heard of Seapony before and Last.fm keeps recommending me Ducktails, and I loved both of their sounds. I can't wait to check out more by them. :)

    http://vintagemachine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I'm really into the whole dreamy thing, especially lately because the weather has been GLORIOUS. The Phoenix remix is the Classixx one, which is probably the best Lisztomania remix actually (IMO, of course). Ducktails is SO GOOD. Their whole album is amazing. Seapony is one of my favs too :) So happy you enjoyed! x

      Delete
  8. It seems like you like a lot of the same bands that I do, that is awesome! I think that just made you even cooler in my book.

    Laura
    www.lauraneuzeth.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love that alpine are on your playlist, their album is so fresh, i really got into it last summer. :) their record label is actually part of the same company that i work for so they've come into the office a whole bunch of times and they're so lovely too. it's nice to see their music reaching an international audience because they deserve it!

    little henry lee

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, awesome taste in music! love it so much, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips