7.08.2013

Popbasic: Salut!



If there ever were a micro-collection that totally epitomizes me as a person, this would be (and is) it. Is that a surprise? For those who know me, probably not. French, France, you know the drill.

First, this beautiful little breton shirt. The quality is ridiculous, in a really good way. You know when you find a shirt that's just so soft and comfortable that you basically just want to live in it, and probably do? That's me with this shirt. For the record, I've basically worn this shirt every day since receiving it — not even exaggerating, Richard would totally vouch for this. I've never owned a striped shirt a la Françoise Hardy or Jean Seberg mostly because I couldn't find on that seemed authentic enough. Soft enough. Whatever, enough. This little number is perfect. It hits every nail on the head and totally knocks the ball out of the park. If you could stick your hand through the screen to feel, I'd let you. Promise.

I'm not really a fan of gold buuuuut there's something about this gold link necklace that just works so well with the tee. It feels solid, which I really like. It's a piece that will last and a piece that will add a little bit of something to any edging-on-plain-but-still-chic outfit. Also, I'm a sucker for anything linked or chain-like.

THE CLUTCH. You know how when you see others with something you kind of want it too? That's how I've always felt about clutches. Everyone has a cute one that suits them... but I seem to never be able to find one. But oh, Miss M. must have put some serious thought into this one. The leather is gorgeous; it smells sooooo good. Weird? Okay. The color is what got me though — it's the perfect shade of almost-camel brown which reminds me oh so much of my Taylor Bag. A little darker, but still in the same brown family which totally makes me swoon. I love leather in summer too.

Popbasic is fresh out of size L, but still has XS/S/M in stock. Just a tip: I normally wear a size medium, but this time the small was what worked (aka order a size down if you think it'd work for you, unless you like your shirts a bit baggy). The small is a bit tighter while still leaving room to breathe and be comfy.

What do you guys think? Will you be ordering this micro-collection? NOW TAKE ME BACK TO PARIS. Listen.

21 comments:

  1. A perfect collection and a perfect girly <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely picks! I don't think anyone can go wrong with a simple black and white striped top.
    xx

    Celina | The Celution

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great collection ! You have such amazing taste in fashion jewellery, and makeup. Definitely French-looking !

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly what you mean about the perfect shirt. Unfortunately, I'm still looking for a good one! All the ones I've found are entirely out of my price range :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm dying over this collection. It just makes me want to board the next plane to Paris. ITS PERFECT! I love literally everything.

    Laura
    www.lauraneuzeth.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it all! So nautical and french and awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a breton shirtdress from popbasic that I got from Asos a month or two ago and it has become my summer uniform. So easy, so classic, and I was really impressed by the quality! Love the chain necklace you paired it with, I'm on the hunt for one of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Popbasic doesn't sell shirt-dresses/isn't on Asos! They only do micro-collections once a month that are sold on their site. This is a full micro-collection that includes the shirt, clutch, and necklace (all for $85). x

      Delete
  9. I agree, this is the perfect little combination! The necklace is gorgeous, so is the shirt and the clutch. <3

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just came across this brand/collection on Instagram before I saw your blog post and it's so lovely. Simple, but classic! I am definitely tempted. You can never have many striped shirts, as much as my boyfriend tends to disagree ;)

    Audrey & Belle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfection!!! I love simple pieces like this :) xo

    iamlaurenpotts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a classic casual look! I think you can never have enough stripe shirts! I wear them so much that they wear out so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO Gorgeous! very classic! I love how simple and elegant the perfect striped shirt can be :)

    mercuteify.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh wow, i didn't realise you could get things as a micro-collection and buy the whole lot to wear together, that's such a great idea! i was going to say when i clicked the link how funny that you bought a gold chain to style the shirt in the same way as the lookbook before i realised you'd bought it all together, haha. anyway, a classic striped shirt is something everyone needs to own at least one (or five) of, i'm surprised you didn't already own but sometimes it's best to hold out until the perfect one makes its way to you because it's always worth it.

    little henry lee

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the top! It all looks good on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your gallery is absolutely inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips