6.17.2013

Jouer Perfume Oil


Jouer Perfume Oil* / $42

I am incredibly picky when it comes to scents. Let's be honest though, I'm picky when it comes to, well, everything. I was lucky enough to be sent a few things from the lovelies over at Jouer, and the first of the bunch, the one thing that really stood out, was this perfume oil.

Now I don't know about everyone else, but as I get a bit older (lol?!11!1!) I find my smell and taste changing quite a bit. While I still love sugary sweet scents, I've started to really love soft, floral notes; jasmine and lavender being my favorite, as of late. What appealed to me about this oil was that it was described as "a blend of Gardenia, Jasmine and Honeysuckle" so literally exactly what I've been loving. Also the fact that it's an oil? Yes please and thank you.

Can I first just point out the oil roller itself? No ridiculous logos or anything. Just a beautiful little glass bottle — teeny enough to bring with you anywhere. To me it feels kind of inconspicuously elegant. The scent itself is actually way more than I expected. What I honestly expected was a perfume that smelled like flowers (think MJ Daisy), but this is not that at all. This genuinely smells of real honeysuckles and jasmine; it doesn't at all have a true perfume scent. I'm not quite sure how they do it, but it's just perfection in a bottle.

I've been rolling this on my wrists and rubbing it in quite well, because it is an oil after all. Sometimes I'll pop a bit on my neck and décolletage, where I can smell it a bit better. It's semi-theraputic especially when I'm feeling a bit stressed. The scent lasts quite long, normally all day though I do apply just for my own pleasure every now and again. I love pairing this with my other perfumes; wearing this on my wrists and neck and Daisy or Burberry Brit sprayed everywhere else.

I'm literally obsessed with this little thing and I will absolutely be purchasing this once mine runs out. Sound like something you'd be into?

14 comments:

  1. Haha, i'm the same! I used to love the sugary/fruit scents (I still do!) but as i'm getting older, I find that I like to mix in the floral notes. As always, lovely post!

    - xox Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds lovely! Although I'm still pretty partial to my sugary scents.

    Nx
    http://naomigabriellatc.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure if you're familiar with Yves Rocher but I suggest trying their Evidence EDP. It's quite light and has notes of patchouli and bermagot but I sense a lot of rose and jasmine. Idk if that interests you but it's quite affordable and I've been loving it. It's quite elegant. x

    Shannon - http://shannonleiMUA.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Sounds really nice! I really love my fresh, clean.. "out-of-the-shower" scents! Lately I love DKNY Pure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds gorgeous! I'd love to try this out.

    Nicky
    zeeblikesit.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds so gorgeous! Jouer sounds like such an amazing company.
    xx

    http://thecelution.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The scent sounds like exactly the type of scent I would like. And like you I also love how the bottle is plain and elegant.

    Laura
    www.lauraneuzeth.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds gorgeous! I love Jouer and may have to give this a try - especially as chic as it sounds.
    xo Lillian parisiantobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. After seeing the matte tint on Kate's blog, admiring the bronzer in Estee's recent videos, and now, this... I'm officially sold on Jouer. Now I've just gotta figure out where their products are sold in France.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds and looks gorgeous! I also love the fact that it's such a simple yet elegant packaging, and I love flowery scents too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had no idea that Jouer did a perfume! I feel like this brand lept out of no where in the last few months, along side Hourglass, and has been really catching my eye! I do like the sound of this perfume, and I really like the sound of the matte moisture tint as well! I may just be adding them to my collection soon!

    http://mercuteify.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you! I am find information on this topic as I am working on a business project. How did you get to be this great? It’s remarkable to see someone put so much passion into a subject. best cologne for men

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips