4.22.2013

The Accessory: Of a Kind / Taylor Bag by Sara Barner


Of a Kind: Taylor Bag by Sara Barner / $180

If you're not familiar with Of a Kind, let me introduce you. Of a Kind is a small online boutique, if you will, showcasing/selling beautiful things in limited quantities. For example, this ridiculously gorgeous handmade leather bag is one (well actually #23) of 50 being made. Once they're sold, that's it. No more chances to buy this beauty again. They sell all sorts of things — bags, jewelry, clothing, etc — made by lovely people from all around. I love the idea of supporting independent artists, crafters, designers, especially when they make things like this.

I spotted the Taylor bag while casually perusing the OAK site, as you do. I'm not really a handbag kind of girl at all, surprisingly. I've had the same Marc by MJ bag for about a year now, only swapping it out with a recent Zara purchase in the last few weeks. That is... until this baby caught my eye (and then landed on my doorstep). There's something about the ever so simplistic design that makes it almost too beautiful in a classic way. Timeless, even. It's the kind of thing you enjoy using and wearing  — maybe because you have an idea of where it's come from. 

Handmade in Portland, OR by the incredible Sara Barner; made with the softest leather with an even softer suede interior, finished off with solid brass hardware and detailing. There's just something about knowing it's one of only fifty being made that makes this little circle bag even better. Something about contributing to an artist that is passionate about their craft. Not to mention the fact that, ugh, it's one of the most beautiful things I currently own. 

Interested? Go snatch it up before it's gone forever. If not? Of a Kind has sooo many things to choose from at all different price points. Go check it out and try not to become obsessed like I have been in recent years. Otherwise, let me know what you think!

4 comments:

  1. You've definitely got me interested in this website!! I'll have to do a bit of snooping around because I, like you, love supporting independent entrepreneurs (especially artists, being one myself!) so this site sounds perfect for me <3 Not to mention that bag is GORGEOUS; you can see just from these photos how well made and butter soft it must be :)

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful handbag I must say. The design is totally different and stylish. I was actually looking for such type of bag form last month and after obsessively looking at pictures of it on websites for weeks and weeks I decided to purchase it. I purchased a beautiful Kilkenny orla kiely bag, which is also in round shape. It looks cool and funky with casual outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a nice bag, and my wife loves it. Though she haven't had the chance to sport it around the town a lot, but she seems to be under the impression that it's pretty awesome.
    cheap Louis Vuitton handbags

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips