4.19.2013

Dior Addict Lipstick in Tokyo



Dior Addict Lipstick in Tokyo / $31

There are the lipsticks you can leave behind, and then there are the ones you can't. I told myself I'd only leave the store with two things: Dior Addict Lip Glow and a YSL Glossy Stain. Let's just say the glossy stain was swiftly put back into it's rightful place and replaced with this beauty. No offense, YSL.

Immdiately after trying this on in Sephora (or "the mothership" as I sometimes find myself calling it), I literally felt like "how the hell do I not have this in my possession/collection already?!". Then part of me is reminded of Patisserie, though Patisserie is a a bit darker and muted (IRL). This is sheer glossy goodness, literally. Even if it is a little too close in color to my MAC favorite, I don't mind. It's the type of color I find myself falling back on when I'm not exactly sure what to wear. Something I don't have to think about or make a fuss over. It just works.

Dior's lipsticks in general have a lovely consistency. Creamy, glossy, but not annoyingly sticky. They last and don't seem to have an issue when applied to my sometimes-dry lips which is an issue I have with more than one MAC lipstick. I love that it's sheer but still opaque enough to make a difference. Just another one of those my lips but better colors, which I'm totally alright with especially in the warmer months. Tanned skin, beachy hair, coral cheeks, and a teensy hint of color on the lips? Count me in (with this lipstick in hand).

Have you guys tried any Dior lipsticks before? What are your favorite shades?

10 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the Dior Addict lipsticks too! My fave shade is Miami, it's a perfect strawberry pink :) Def agree with you about the texture vs. MAC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this in Diorissime. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite Dior lipstick is Pink Icon <3 And I'm glad you put the YSL glossy stain back lol I'm really not a fan of those. The one that I had totally dried out my lips and ended up flaking off about an hour after it was applied. For the price I paid it, it shouldn't have done that. /rant

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mothership omgosh that's perfect! I was looking at the Dior Addict lipsticks a couple of days ago and tried Diorissime on but wasn't happy with the texture. This one looks gorgeous on you though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someday I will own one of these beauties. SOMEDAY... I'm just still at that horrible point in my student life where buying a lipstick over $15 is just too much for me and my credit score to handle T__T

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This colour looks beautiful! I was planning on buying Patisserie soon but the texture of this looks so simple and pretty on your lips, I'm wondering if I should go for this instead. Looks like it would be the ultimate "your lips but better" shade!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Dior lipsticks and glosses, but I have not tried this one yet! It is such a beautiful one!
    xx Emilee Anne
    http://www.eaemileeanne.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love this color on you! i have yet to decide on a color of the dior lipstick to buy, so at this point i haven't gotten one! One day though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't tried any of their lipsticks but my goodness that color and the packaging is amazing! I never wear too many neutrals on my lips but I think I should because this color is gorgeous! And LOL at Sephora being the "mothership" because frankly, it is, haha!

    - Jess
    The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips