4.24.2013

April 2013 Beauty Favorites



So here we are, the end of another month! Doing favorites is a lot of fun for me — not sure why, I just love gathering everything I've been using obsessively and writing about it all.

It's been really hot in the Bay Area as of late and I've been super busy and therefore do not want to wash my hair every single day. When I'm not in the mood for super-model volume and texture from Oribe's Dry Texturizing Spray, I reach for this mini bottle of Pssst Dry Shampoo. I still love Batiste but CVS/Walgreens don't carry it and I don't always want to venture out of my way to get it. It smells pretty great and does it's job so in my purse it's been living. I'm loving all of the Wen products (update coming soon) but especially this Sweet Almond Mint Replenishing Treatment Mist. I use it both when I blow-dry and when my hair is already dry but needs a little bit of moisture. It leaves my hair feeling hydrated but not over-staturated or greasy. I'm going through this mini-bottle so fast!

On to the very non-glamourous part of my favorites. Something has seriously messed up my skin (and I think I know what it is); I'm having such a hard time. My very normal skin that is not prone to blemishes or pimples other than during that time of the month is recovering from ~5 very big (and painful) spots. This Benzoyl Peroxide is helping immensely to help rid and clean up the mess that is left but I'm still not even close to being back to normal. We've had Lush's Tea Tree Water toner around for a while but I never really used it until now. With the antibacterial properties of tea tree, grapefruit water and juniper berry, it's helped to calm my skin overall and hopefully it will help prevent any more breakouts. So far so good. PS Cotton pads are a godsend.

Lastly, pretty things. I knew Revlon's Flirt would be a favorite since, well, I'm still wearing it. Such a beautiful color. Lip-wise two things have been on heavy rotation for me: Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie and Dior Addict Lip Glow. Berry Smoothie is a beautiful bright pink, both moisturizing and super easy to wear. The color is opaque but not too much. Dior Addict Lip Glow is basically unlike anything else I own  — it reacts to the color of your lips and leaves you with the perfect pink shade. I just swipe it on and go. No need for a mirror as it's pretty much fool proof.

That just about wraps it up for my April favorites! Anything here you guys have been loving as well? What are your favorites for the month?

7 comments:

  1. The nail polish is such a pretty colour, such a great post!
    -Charlotte
    http://www.incharlottesshoes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying to try the Oribe spray! It smells amazingggg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're looking for a super spot treatment try the AcneFree Terminator 10 Maximum Strength Acne Treatment; it zaps those really painful under the skin pimples within 2-3 days if you put a dab of it on the pimple before you go to bed each night (it's a god-send plus it doesn't smell like anything!!).
    That Dior Addict Lip Glow needs to get into my life... asap. I always hear such great things about it and I love no-fuss products for everyday wear <3

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have about six of the revlon lip butters now, including berry smoothie, they're such a great product for days when you don't feel like the commitment of wearing lipstick. and i'm definitely curious about the dior lip glow, they look so lovely and i'm glad to hear they're so easy to wear too.

    little henry lee

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil (the one in the little green glass bottle) helps a lot in terms of clearing up blemishes. I only really get pimples when I eat dairy or when I'm approaching that "time of the month," but when I feel or see one coming on, I dab a little bit of the oil on it and by the next day, it's usually gone.

    I've been trying to find the new Revlon Lip Butter shades, but I'm having a hard time :( Berry Smoothie is also on my list of things to pick up! If you like that one, you'll love Raspberry Pie. That's such a gorgeous shade!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i ordered the travel size of the oribe spray!! and i got lush sea spray. LOL. hey, do your urban outfitters have batiste? That might be easy if you have a store that is convenient. I'm seriously wanting that dior addict lip glow.. i keep taking it off my shopping list and regretting it!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips