3.14.2013

FOTD: Sushi



We're going out for sushi tonight so I figured I'd snap a little face of the day for ya. I kinda just picked some colors, slapped 'em on and hoped for the best. Luckily for me I quite like how it all came out — if only my hair would calm down and cooperate. Funny joke. 

I started off with my normal base: YSL foundation in BD10 + L'Oreal Magic Lumi. Foolproof I tell you! 

For my eyes (though I forgot to photograph) I used a bit of Painterly all over the lids. I then covered it with Quarry, did a bit of Satin Taupe in the outer corner and crease, followed by Star Violet. Star Violet is sooooo nice for spring! I finished off with Diorshow Iconic (this reminds me I really want to try the new Overcurl) and my Clinique bottom lash

I popped on a bit of Stila's Lilium after contouring with NYX Taupe. I'm a sucker for this duo as of late! I powedered with a bit of Stay Matte by Rimmel, a little purchase I made in England over Christmas. For highlighter I went back to my trusty 'ol Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc. I kind of forgot I had this for a while but I've rediscovered/fallen back in love with it.

Last but not least: lips. I opted for something bright and pretty long wearing — New Lover by NARS is easily going to be my go-to for the warmer months ahead. It's bright without being overpowering which is exactly what I want. 

Anyway, this took me way too long to shoot. My poor camera is getting old and ornery and doesn't ever want to behave :( Welp. 

Let me know what you guys think of this look. Also: what's your favorite kind of sushi?!

15 comments:

  1. Sushi, yum! The place where I go to get my sushi does something called the Caterpillar Roll - it's got rice, seaweed, avocado, shrimp and asparagus in it and they shape it into a caterpillar on the plate :) It's soooo tasty!

    I just recently bought Diorshow Overcurl and it works really well. I love the curved brush and the formula is actually really smooth. It looks lovely on and it's quite easy to take off at the end of the day.

    You look lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caterpillar is my favorite toooo! I will definitely have to try Overcurl! xo

      Delete
  2. You look absolutely gorgeous... so natural and fresh!! Which is perfect for sushi :D My favorite kind is probably spicy tuna maki though I'm pretty much a fan of anything sushi related to be honest haha.

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie :) that's what I was going for! If there's any spicy tuna maki I will have to try it! I'm a huge fan too xx

      Delete
  3. I seriously love your photos! I enjoy your reviews as well but something about your photos gives this vintage/romantic aura to it. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too lovely <3 biggest compliment ever! x

      Delete
  4. Your photographs are beautiful! I've wanted to get my greasy mitts on NYX taupe but can't seem to get it anywhere! You look lovely x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeep! Thank you! I got mine off Amazon, if that helps :3 I couldn't find it in stores anywhere either xx

      Delete
  5. Beautiful.

    www.ellesappellepauline.blogspot.nl

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can always go for some good sushi.
    Beautiful look, very curious about that L'Oreal Lumi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great look! You look lovely and I love your blog!

    Newest follower <3 I would love if you could come check out my blog! Maybe even follow =)
    simplecharmbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. you and your photos are so beautiful, i loveeee the touche eclat foundation so much, but i feel like the lady matched me to the wrong shade, i was at the airport and half asleep so i had not the courage nor the consciousnesses to question her choice :( argh, even then i love it so much. I love smoked salmon, sooo delicately devine!

    http://misstephaniechen.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, the best cheap find in my make-up bag!
    Beautiful photos too
    xx

    http://beautifulbenefit.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh you look pretty! crazy how much use you got out of the stila lillium :) are you planning to get a new camera?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks thanks <3 I know! I've been wearing it so much lately. I think probably because it's nothing like anything else I own! Yeah I'm planning on a new camera but it's going to take me quite a while to save :) x

      Delete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips