3.13.2013

Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara


Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara / $10

There are some things you can live without — this is probably one of them. I say probably because although I can live without this, why would I want to? After giving up black eyeliner (aside from the occasional cat-eye here and there) I was looking for something that could take its place, so to speak. I'd been a bottom-lash-mascara-wearer for quite a few years but the idea of a product made just for that seemed a bit silly to me. Even then, I couldn't resist and for $10, and to this day I really have no complaints.

The thing about this mascara is that it doesn't budge. It doesn't smear, it doesn't give you panda eyes, it just does what it's supposed to do and comes of when you take it off. Basically magic. The little brush is perfect for getting each teeny tiny lash and it does so without leaving a huge mess to clean up. I've got to say that there have been times I've just used normal mascara on my bottom lashes instead of this. The result? Not so great because I shake and end up getting black everywhere that it's not supposed to be. Maybe if I were a bit more poised it would all work out and I wouldn't need this stuff. But I'm not.

Though I mentioned it in my January favorites, it's still a favorite of mine. I use it each day without fail and never have to worry about looking like this. No offenses to pandas — I still love you.

Have you tried this? What are some awesome yet frivolous things you couldn't live without?

12 comments:

  1. I love your photos. The reflection on the table makes it beautiful.

    www.ellesappellepauline.blogspot.nl

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with the above comment. Beautiful photography x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photography and you have done it! You have made me (despite how much I said I shouldn't) decide to buy this mascara. I love Clinique ( I have a major obsession) and this product I have wanted for ages and now I am going to do it! And I have to tell you its your fault ! haha :D <3
    Love
    Annabelle
    TheCurleyGirl
    xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't say that this is something that interests me... I just have never had a hard time doing my bottom lashes with a normal mascara wand!! I guess I'm just lucky, but I have heard of this being a wonderful product for those who have shakier hands :)

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. To be honest I've always thought this product was useless and maybe because of the fact that I never wear mascara on my bottom lashes. Still, this post makes me actually want to try that mascara! :)

    xx

    www.zdevania.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have wanted to try this mascara since it came out but for some reason I forget to pick it up. Maybe one of these days I will remember xx

    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried this and don't think is completely necessary, waterproof mascara on bottom lashes works for me :) xo

    moonrivergirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so much cheaper your way than in the uk! I never know whether I'd need it though xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how I can live without this yet insist on buying it cos of its effectiveness :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is definitely one of those "don't need it, but gotta have it" products for me as well. I haven't found a mascara that defines and lengthens my bottom lashes better than this little guy. I'm sure I have plenty of examples of frivolous, yet somehow necessary purchases in my collection, but I won't admit to it ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. i still really want to try this. I know we've talked about it before and I was never sure if it was worth the $10, but you're right, it IS only $10 and I do have some teensy lashes, so I think i need it! haha

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips