2.23.2013

Currently reading: Grace: A Memoir



Although I don't do it as much as I like to (or as much as I should) I really do love getting immensely submerged into a good book. I needed a little break from my other current read, Anna Karenina, which can be a lot to take in all at once, and figured this little number would be perfect. It looks like a lot of reading, but that's probably due to the stupidly huge font size. Ahem.

This is a book I've wanted to pick up for quite a while but hadn't had the chance to until now. It's basically supposed to give you a look into the life of not only Grace, but the fashion world itself. From modeling in the 60s to the production of The September Issue, us readers get a little peek inside something that not many people even get a taste of. Though I've heard some seriously contradicting reviews, I'm most definitely into giving this some of my time. I'm crossing my fingers that this won't be dry or dragging —more than anything I just hope to be a bit more inspired as I read. I mean, hello, Vogue!

I'll be doing another currently reading post once I've finished this baby so you all can get my full review/feelings on this book!

What do you guys think of this new feature? Have you read this?

5 comments:

  1. I wanna read this too!

    www.ellesappellepauline.blogspot.nl

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iv had this since Christmas, need to start reading it, let us know if the inspiration follows :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read this book! I bet she has so many fascinating stories :)

    www.ngofficial.blogspot.co.uk

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a really interesting book and I LOVE the illustrations!

    Grace seems like such an inspiring woman, I can't wait to read it myself.

    http://theeternalnewbie.blogspot.com

    Maddy.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just been recommended your blog & I love it! Now following :) xx

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips