2.25.2013

Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment



When it comes to hair masks and treatments, I usually stick to LUSH. I know they're good quality and I know how well my lions mane reacts to them. That said, I'm always up for trying new stuff, especially if it means my hair looks and feels a bit healthier afterwards. 

This Ojon treatment isn't something that will transform your hair from brittle to perfection — but what it will do is soften, smooth, and help rid frizz. It's also supposed to help strengthen and repair. Does it though? I'm not so sure. That said, after using this I notice my hair is a lot less frizzy and that is a huuuge plus in my book, especially when I wear it all curly and natural. It's one of those things that I really enjoy using and while I do like the results, this isn't a product I couldn't live without. 

My two favorite things about this stuff? The smell and the application. I'm not exactly how to explain the smell. It's like a weird-ashy-caramel-I-don't-even-know kind of smell, but I'm into it. To apply/use this stuff, you scoop some of the treatment out with a spoon, rub it between your hands and ta-da! you've got a beautiful oily mess between your palms. Slather it in, comb through, and sit for 20+ minutes. I usually leave it on for an hour or so just because I feel like it. Wash out, style, and enjoy your silky locks. That's it.

What do you guys think of Ojon products? What's your favorite hair treatment or mask?

5 comments:

  1. I got a sample of this a while ago but couldn't get over the cigarette smell! It's a shame though because I generally enjoy Ojon products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to say I'm not super fond of the Ojon smell. I find it too heavy and I get sick of it after awhile. I do have the Ojon hair oil which I love though - the fragrance in that is minimal. I'm really liking the Amika hair mask, but the more I use it the more I'm not diggin' the smell so much. And any other hair mask I've tried smells terrible. Anyone have recs for a nice smelling, moisturizing and magic hair mask?!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried a joico hair treatment once, and i ended up with really oily hair. It was gross. After that I told myself I didn't need any hair treatments. My hair really isn't damaged...it's pretty normal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely swear by the Ojon Damage Reverse Restorative Hair Treatment Plus; the smell is much more manageable for me (more like a bitter coffee/chocolate) than the original (the one that you reviewed here) and makes my hair so unbelievably soft and silky. I love to leave this stuff on overnight (I just wear a shower cap to bed so my pillow isn't an oily mess) and wash it out in the morning... perfection!!

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. great review! never tried this before but i might have to!

    notoriouseyes.blogspot.com
    now following<3

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips