1.09.2013

Redken Extreme Anti-Snap




So this is kind of an unexpected post — I was originally going to review a product that's been a favorite of mine for over a year now: Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide. Then I discovered it's been discontinuted. I'm a little sad and I'll be cherishing every droplet I have in my last bottle, but hey, atleast I've still got my beloved Anti-Snap!

Redken is a brand I tend to lean towards when it comes to haircare. Everything I've tried from them over the years I've loved and though some stuff can be a bit spendy, I don't mind. Why? Well I have one huge, dry, damaged, curly afro. Yes, that's my natural hair and the reason why I spend a lot of time, effort, and money on haircare. 

Redken Extreme Anti-Snap is a leave-in treatment (kind of like a leave in conditioner) that you apply to towel dried hair before styling. What does it do? It protects from heat, helps untangle, lessens friction from brushing, and strengthens the hair while repairing the cuticles. It uses proteins and amino acids like Ceramide (a waxy lipid) to hold the cuticle together, preventing breakage and split ends. It also has proven itself to be a bit of a help in the styling department. 

I generously apply this all over my hair and brush through, focusing mid-shaft to ends and not forgetting my bangs! I usually follow up with a heat spray and blow-dry/straighten as usual. In the month or so I've been using this I've already seen a pretty big difference when it comes to the texture of my hair, namely my ends. Because I have naturally curly hair, my hair is prone to being extremely dry all the time. That means if not taken care of properly can get quite brittle — this stuff has made my ends extremely soft and helps with any tangles I have. Have I noticed any difference with breakage? Not yet.  It's too soon to tell really but I plan on using this religiously for the next few months and hopefully I can grow my curly locks a little bit longer. While I may not be Rapunzel status anytime soon, I wouldn't mind an extra inch or two!

Have you guys ever used this? What are your thoughts? What are some other Redken products you love?

7 comments:

  1. OMG, can't believe THIS is your actual hair! *deep shock*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used it for 2 or 3 years now ... But I think I'll stop and try to find something else because it doesn't really suit me. I have thin hair which means that everytime I dry them it's like I've been standing for a few hours under rain and wind. I wanted something to make them smoother and straighter and it's not the right product for me :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, it has changed the ends of my hair. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i haven't really used anything redken in AGES but I feel like I should explore the brand again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. From that image you posted above, I'd say our hair is pretty similar! It's really nice seeing blogs similar to mine so that I can find out what products other people are using. It took me YEARS to figure out how to tame my hair-- I think I'm finally there now. Have you tried the Redken Smooth Lock stuff? I really love it!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips