1.04.2013

LUSH Enzymion Facial Moisturizer


LUSH Enzymion · $39.95

As of late, and especially while I was in England, my face has been anything but cooperative. My fairly normal skin started to feel extremely oily and greasy which is something I'm really not used to. Up until now I still hadn't found a moisturizer that I really loved. Most things are just too thick and sit on my skin. While others actually gave me this weird sweaty feeling. I've tried tons of LUSH ones, some Kiehl's and Origins too, but still, nothing I've found works with my skin! When it comes to moisturizers I need something quite light but still able to do it's job. For me, Enzymion takes the cake.

It smells of fruits and feels sooo nice when slathered onto the face. I take a small bit between my fingers and massage it into my skin. I can literally instantly feel a difference; any greasy spots are now long gone, yet my face feels really moisturized and not overly saturated. Win! Another awesome thing? I've noticed that my makeup stays in place a lot longer than normal.

While the pot is quite small and the price is a bit higher than what I'd like it to be, a little really does go a long way so I'm sure it'll be a long while before I run out.  I've got to admit that I don't see this leaving my skincare routine for a very very long time — this stuff is holy grail to me. Have you guys tried Enzymion before? Do you love it as much as I do? If not, what are your other favorite LUSH moisturizers?

12 comments:

  1. I've never used lush, but my new favorite moisturizer is the Clinique moister surge intense gel-creme. Oil free and more hydrating than any other I've tried!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried any lush skin products before but I love their bath products :) I like the sounds of the fruity scent. I have quite oily skin so it sounds fab for me-just wish it had a lower price tag!!

    ngofficial.blogspot.co.uk

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. hallelujah to finding a facial moisturizer that does the job! i feel like this task is simply an uphill battle until you've found the one. LUSH also takes the cake for me, i use celestial (it makes my face smell like cupcakes without being too sweet). i also use a LUSH toner + Ultrabland to remove my makeup-- I would suggest trying Ultrabland as a makeup remover / facewash, it's great for my sensitive, dry skin (:

    happy new year!

    -autumn jordan
    http://autumn-jordan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This product sounds great. Glad you found something that works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a long time fan of Lush's Vanishing Cream. It was a saviour for my skin through my oily teen years. More recently though my skin has required more moisture so I tried Celestial which was a little too oily for me. Enzymion is next on my list to try, which is meant to be a happy medium between the two!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this does sound great! Hmm i'll have to take a look at this next time i'm in the store! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Lush hair and body care really want to try some of their face care range to. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been meaning to get this moisturizer, sounds great.
    Love your blog. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I started using Lush skincare when I started to react to silicony products. This is like the only moisturizer for oily skins that doesn't contain silicone (as far as I searched for)... I am really liking it!!!! The first day I used I woke up with a biiig spot on my chin but that was that and from then I reacted very well with my skin.. It is good for this season but I believe vanishing cream might be better for summer?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Chelsea, did you use this moisturizer regularly? and how long? I have it too (you can see my comment above) and I was making an online research about Lush moisturizers and found out that this contains cocoa butter and it is mentioned that cocoa butter is comedogenic so I was wondering if you noticed any blemish or break out while using this or afterwards? Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Casey, I used this religiously for about 2-3 months (and once my skin adjusted to being back home, I switched to a normal moisturizer again). That said I do still use this when my skin seems like it's been a little too oily — like in the humid hot weather, and it does just what I want it to do.

      As for your question about it breaking me out — nope! This didn't cause me to breakout at all. That said when my skin is behaving it's incredibly normal so I'm not prone to breakouts other than one or two during that time of the month! I also don't have sensitive skin at all, so that probably helps. It's so hard to give advice on skincare because everyones skins react differently to different things, so what irritates you may not irritate me and vice versa. Let me know if you have any other questions! x

      Delete
  11. One of the more common ingredients found in many mainstream moisturizers is mineral oil which is derived from crude oil. The main reason it's used is because it's very cheap, not because it moisturizes well.best whitening cream for asians

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips