1.11.2013

FOTD: Muted Neutrals


Eyes: NARS Portobello / MAC Charcoal Brown / Diorshow Iconic Mascara / Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal / MAC Teddy eyeliner

Last night I went a little bit Lisa Eldridge crazy. No regrets. I'm late to the game, I know but I am ob-freakin'-sessed. I watched so many videos before bed, that this morning when I woke up I decided I wanted to recreate a look, this look to be specific. While I know it's not the same thing (and I'm not claiming it is), I put my own spin on it and made it work for me. 

For my base I started with the NARS primer and then applied YSL Touché Éclat with my fingers and blended it softly into my skin. I concealed under my eyes and around my nose with the Magic Lumi concealer. I popped a bit of Margin on the apples of my cheeks and added a touch of highlight with Soft & Gentle. I actually haven't worn Margin since my wedding day but I've rediscovered it and have fallen right back in love.

For eyes I used the darker color from Portobello all over the lid and Charcoal Brown from MAC in the crease and outer corners. I applied two coats of Diorshow Iconic to my top lashes and one to the bottom. Followed up by the nude Rimmel liner in the inner part of my waterline and Teddy on the outer part.

I finished with the Rimmel Kate Moss nude lipstick and applied it generously with a Real Techniques lip brush from the Core Collection. First time using that brush and it's sooooo awesome.

I've never ever ever worn a nude lip before, but I've got to say I'm kind of in love. I'm also loving the soft brown eyeshadow paired with the coral/orange toned blush. Not something I would normally wear together but I love the way it works. This is pretty out of my comfort zone if I'm honest as I'm really used to a bright pink or berry lip. I also went a little lighter with my brows, using Charcoal Brown and Mystery; I'm convinced!

Annnnd ta-da, that's my finished look. What do you guys think? I feel like I'll be wearing nude lips so much more now, it's actually kinda nice! Do you like these kinds of posts? If so, let me know!

19 comments:

  1. I love the 'no makeup' makeup look. You look stunning! That blush really suits you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks gorgeous on you! If you're looking for another great nude lipstick, try MAC's Blankety.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's such a nice color! I was thinking about getting Patisserie next. This is definitely on my list now though xx

      Delete
  3. Loved the look. I'm liking the no makeup makeup looks these days :))
    Im doing one 2moro night for a dinner party :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a super gorgeous look on you. It has a sort of edgy feel without any effort. Totally stunning! I love the color of the blush and the way you applied it. Lovely.

    Hill
    http://thebugthatfleeps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the 'no makeup' makeup looks. Just shows that when applied properly and using the correct products you can create a natural look without going over board on the products!

    I would love to see more of these posts - Your own spin on youtube tutorials.

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leanne, I'm glad you liked the post! I had a lot of fun recreating the look so I definitely want to do more! x

      Delete
  6. You look lovely! I'm dying to try the kate moss lipsticks :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look stunning chelsea! i especially like the brown eyeshadow combo. i think that lipstick looks really gorgeous on you. yay for nude lips xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous makeup! You are so lucky, wish I was beautiful like you:)x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this look, AHH I want that nars palette :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous look, I love the look of the mac blush. Lisa Eldridge is a legend. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. i do like these types of posts and I like this look on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore your photography! I just found your blog and I love it! You've got great taste in products. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks great. Such a massive fan of this kind of makeup, bit weird as I use to wear nude lips all the time but I'm now into pinks and berries (we've almost swapped!) Your skin looks fantastic, creates a very effortless feel. Love it! X

    www.lucygarrick.com

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips