1.19.2013

Bumble and bumble Semisumo



When it comes to my hair I love a good roughed up look every now and again. Super straight and sleek locks get a bit boring after so long! Though I'm not a fan of Bb's shampoo & conditioners, I do love their styling products. I think I own about 4 now, which is quite a bit to have especially from one brand (at least for me). I first spotted this on Sephora's website in the "New" section and then on Ms Estée's November Beauty Favorites video, and knew it was just what I was looking for.

Semisumo is described as a "hi-shine, lo-hold  pomade" and yup, that just about explains it. It's the kind of product that works better after you've warmed it in your hands and then becomes the perfect little styler to make your hair look ruffled and slept-in but on purpose. Pulling it through my hair with my fingers gives it a piece-y and tousled look which is perfect if you want something that's a little more sultry, mhmmmm. I like this because I can use it on my ends and just all over and it doesn't leave my hair sticky or greasy vs the (Un)dressing Creme which is great for giving your roots a little oomph but is so sticky/tacky. This stuff also smells like cologne which is actually really nice. All in all it's an awesome little product and I'll be interested how long it takes me to get through this stuff!  

What do you guys think? Is Semisumo something you'd like to try? What are your other favorite Bumble and bumble products? 

8 comments:

  1. I just stumbled across your blog, and I had to comment on the amazing quality of your photos! Following =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first saw this, I thought "Well that looks familiar". After reading the post, I realized that I too saw it in Estee's November Favorites! This looks like a really nice product. I'm a big fan of pomades so I may just have to give this a whirl! Nice post :D

    Hill
    http://thebugthatfleeps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a really nice product. I usually stay away from styling products all together because my hair is REALLY fine and anything I put on it makes it look really greasy. I might give this one a try though since you said it's not sticky or greasy :) Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this stuff sounds amazing! I've never been much of a fan of the sleek and straight look, much preferring the roughed up sex hair look instead! I think I might take a look at this product the next time I'm out shopping. Yet another thing to add to the wishlist!

    http://vintagemachine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow thats a beautiful picture of you - very artistic!! <3I love my crazy hair - it's naturally very messy so I don't really find use for this kind of product but it was nice to read about anyway, :) <3
    Lots of love from
    Annabelle
    TheCurleyGirl
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love Bumble and Bumble products. I have the small tube of the undressing creme as you mentioned and I really love it. The smell is gorgeous and it really does add a tousled finish to your hair after drying. I really want to try more products but they're such an investment. I think this might be next on my list. Your hair looks gorgeous :)

    Victoria at In the Frow xx

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips