1.22.2013

Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Ash



So... I'm really not surprised that this is my first repurchase of 2013. I had my first Brow Wiz for sooo long (I actually thought it was never-ending) so when it finally gave out the first thing I did was run out and get another! I believe I bought my first one in August or September of 2012 and used it almost every day.

Anastasia Brow Wiz is (so far) my favorite brow pencil ever. Why? Well... let me introduce you to this handy little thing. First off, Medium Ash is the perfect brunette color for me. A lot of pencils I've used in the past had a hint of red which in turn made me a bit off; because this is a more grey-toned brown it seems to go perfectly with my hair color. No color fuss necessary. 

Second, the super fine tip. I've found that other pencils can be too soft or too creamy and because I can sometimes be a bit heavy handed, my brows end up looking like... slugs (that was all I could think of). Not only is the tip on this extremely fine, but it's also quite hard. What this means is that it's perfect for creating super fine hair like strokes which seem to blend in seamlessly with the rest of my brows. I've never had problems with longevity either. This stuff stays on until you wash it off! 

I also love that there's a spoolie on the end, making this the perfect little duo. While I used to use this to fill in my brows completely, as of late I've just been using it at the front of my brows and also at the ends, filling in any sparse areas. I also use this to create a nice arch shape — sometimes more pointed, sometimes more curved. It all just depends on my mood. 

I love this little product and I definitely forsee myself repurchasing again once I run out (which hopefully won't be until summer)! What do you guys think of the Brow Wiz? What other Anastasia products do you love? 

16 comments:

  1. I don't think they sell this in Canada :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boo! I wonder if the Anastasia site might ship to CA? x

      Delete
    2. I should try ... I've heard SO much about this pencil (all good, of course) -- thanks!

      Delete
    3. I thought they sold this brand at Sephora Canada unless they stopped. I would check there too:) x

      Delete
  2. I never do my brows because of how heavy handed I can be with pencils and other brow products but this sounds like it'll be something I could use. Gonna check it out when I go out beauty shopping next!

    themodmermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard really great things about this product. I use powder and a brush at the moment because I found that the pencil I had made me way too heavy-handed and I ended up with a super strong brow look everyday! I may just have to check this out soon! Great post. :D

    Hill
    http://thebugthatfleeps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've wanted to try this out for sooo long! I'll have to have a look on ebay and see if I find it there xx

    elín
    http://elinlikes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely! I'll cross my fingers that you can get your hands on it xx

      Delete
  5. I really want to give this a go. I had the same problem with pencil brow products being to creamy and me having a heavy hand so Ive been using powder products xx

    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I sometimes use a MAC shadow but I really love this pencil!

      Delete
  6. I love this product too! It just looks so natural. I've tried brow powders in the past but I think it just looks too...fake? Anyway, I'll definitely repurchase this when I run out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use MAC Charcoal Brown and Mystery sometimes which seem to work well with a small angled brush but the pencil seems to just be sooo natural! x

      Delete
  7. I've heard some great things about this brow pencil! <3
    I use the S&G eyebrow duo - I love that sooo much! <3
    Lovely post - it was a really interesting read! <3
    Lots of love from
    Annabelle
    TheCurleyGirl
    xoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just thinking about purchasing this. I love my Dior Brow Styler but I go though one pencil so fast that it's burning a hole in my pocket. I definitely need to try this.

    xoxo Chris
    http://myfashiontrendencies.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh I have been eyeing the Brow Wiz for a short time now, and I've got to say, your review has basically solidified my decision to buy! I've always been more of a powder through the brows kind of gal myself, but I welcome a nice change :) Thanks to Jessica (The Mod Mermaid) for recommending your blog, I'm really enjoying reading through it. xx

    http://thenonbrit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips