1.23.2013

LUSH Lustre Body Powder




I'm such a sucker for things like this, especially from LUSH. Massage bars, body powders, one too many lotions; I just can't help myself.

Lustre is a body powder (o rly?!) that has got a bit of shimmer in it. Not that over the top HEY IN YOUR FACE shimmer but just a subtle one that fades a bit over time. I love using this on my collarbones and around the sternum area at nights to give a sexy glow to my skin. This stuff smells like jasmine, and I mean really smells of it, so if you're not a fan I'd either try it out first or just steer clear. One of my favorite things to do if I know I'm going to be using this is to use Flying Fox in the shower and then dust this on once I've towel dried. The two scents, while extremely similar, are still a bit different and compliment each other like no other. The honey in the shower gel adds just a bit of sweetness to the jamine making a really yummy scent.

LUSH markets both products as being aphrodisiacs because of the jasmine — so if you're looking to feel a little more in the mood, these are your guys.

What do you guys think of this product? Is it something you'd buy? Do you have any other favorite products that make you feel a little sexy and seductive?

12 comments:

  1. It's very subtle, but absolutely lovely at the same time. I love the smell of jasmine too (one of my favourite body butters is the Korres jasmine one ;)

    Could you honestly see yourself using that entire container though? It looks like too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used a TON of the Silky Underwear one (which is my fav and also super jasmine-y). Probably about half and I've had it for almost a year. It takes a long time to go through which is why I think the price is not bad! Also I sometimes seriously just use way too much just because I love it lolol x

      Delete
  2. oohh up! Sexy powders ;)
    I just tend to adore all Lush products! <3
    To be more sexy (if I ever am ! tee hee!) is spray my hair with my perfume (does everyone do this?) and put on my collar bone a sparkly glitter <3
    Lovely post and a very good review!!<3
    Lots of love from
    Annabelle
    TheCurleyGirl
    xoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried this but I've always been curious as to what exactly they were. This sounds really interesting and I love the scent of jasmine so will definitely be trying this out!


    Black and Vanilla
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really lovely. I've been keen to try one of these dusting powders for ages but haven't read any reviews of them anywhere. I really like jasmine scents (didn't know it was an aphrodisiac though!) so this will probably be the one I end up getting rather than the vanilla one xx

    Angelica [One Little Vice]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited about summer I can't take it! I've been seeing a few products like this popping up in blogger world and can't wait to get my hands on some! This looks just gorgeous! Great post :D

    Hill
    http://thebugthatfleeps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think their powders are great but for me, i hardly get around to using them. I am lazy :( i gave this one to a friend who loves shimmer, as I just couldn't think of a time that i would use it :( i'm glad you like it though! The combo with flying fox sounds great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've tried Flying Fox and it's my fav. My look into the powder now! Hopefully they'll have the same stock in London!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blog!
    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is a weird but amazing concept! would love to try one but not into the jasmine smell so will have to look if they stock others! x

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips