12.14.2012

MAC Harmony


MAC Harmony · $20

Now I'm not sure what possessed me to want to buy this — but I think it has a lot to do with my recent MAC haul/obsession. I'll be the first to say it: I know the absolute basics when it comes to contouring and I'm really not all that good at it (yet). That said, I was bored and found myself browsing the MAC counter, swatching Harmony and was basically talked into it. I mean, when you're told you have nice bone structure and that it looks amazing on you, how can you say no? I was sooooo skeptical and still am, but I'm dealing with it.

Harmony is a really nice "muted rose-beige brown" as the MAC website says. Lots of people love to contour with this color but I was afraid it'd be too pink or too brown for me. It still might be, I'm still unsure, but am doing my best to work with it. I think it would be amazing for summer when I'm a bit more tanned but for now I'm just buffing and buffing to make it look as subtle as possible (is it working?). Either way I'm glad to have added this to my collection and hopefully with a bit of practice I'll get better at contouring because to be honest, I'm loving the way it looks!

What do you guys think of Harmony? What are your favorite contouring colors? 

18 comments:

  1. Great post! :)

    http://yourbrunetteguru.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/how-to-get-most-out-of-your-touche-eclat.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. if it's right under your cheek bones it looks dope

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks nice on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh I think it suits you perfectly!
    xx
    Rebecca @ trbcca.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks great and really natural. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colour, the pictures are lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your photography!!!!!!

    http://everydayvoguemk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely. Contouring is a bit alien to me so the basics are only needed at the moment.

    Beth @ BethBlogsBeauty.com
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely picture. I use a sleek contouring kit to skinny up my chubby cheeks ^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really really want to try this, it looks so gorgeous on your skin! x
    fiveonecouture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. i think it looks pretty on you!! i dont' know if there is a better shade out there for you for contouring (probably? that kevyn aucoin one maybe?) but this is still super pretty so whatever! lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks lovely! You have it blended so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm yet to try any contouring products from MAC but I think Harmony looks like the perfect shade, especially if you're quite fair skinned. My favourite contour product is actually one that came in a crappy little palette years ago, but it's the perfect colour. Really like your posts btw! Especially that huge MAC haul, omg. And if you're ever passing through my blog, do say hi :D
    Kerry
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really want to try MAC products for contouring. MAC is so expensive where I am though. I just have a cheapo contouring palette but I should be getting a Benefit Duo in the post soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i think it suits you perfectly, it looks very natural :)

    xoxo elín
    http://elinlikes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips