10.22.2012

Laura Mericer Silk Creme Foundation in Medium Ivory


I get a decent amount of compliments and on my skin — and while yes, I have nice normal skin and am not prone to blemishes or spots, I owe a lot to my trusty foundation.

Before this I wore MAC foundation but could never find the right color or coverage. On a trip to Sephora this past April, I was introduced to the lovely Laura Mericer brand and was immediately interested in the foundations. For a while I was going back and forth between two shades but settled for Medium Ivory.

Laura Mercier's Silk Creme foundation is (for me) medium coverage with a natural and dewy finish. It lasts all day and doesn't leave me oily or dry. I've tried other foundations but nothing else has compared to this so I just can't seem to pry myself away. It blends like a dream and is buildable, so on days where I feel like I need a little extra coverage, I just add another layer. It never looks cakey or fake which is one of the things I love most about this foundation.

What do you guys think of Laura Mercier's foundations? Do you have a fav?

10 comments:

  1. i've just switched to this from estee lauder double wear & it is a beaut! i also really like the laura mercier tinted moisturiser & foundation powder but my fave has to be the mineral powder. great for lazy days xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone talks about the mineral powder tons! I might look into getting it soon since I've been looking for something for lazier days and days when I'm just running errands and such! x

      Delete
  2. This looks fab, your skin is flawless! How are you not a model...?!
    Love your blog!

    Doing a MAC makeup giveaway on mine if you're interested?!

    http://trappedinafashionparadise.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/50-followers-giveaway-mac-lipstick-of.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Laura Mercier products! I use their Tinted Moisturiser and their Mineral Powder Foundation and love them both! Even with the Tinted Moisturiser, I find that I can build it up to medium coverage


    http://www.blackandvanilla.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use her tinted moisturizer and I'm obsessed! Best makeup EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am blemish prone, unfortunately- even still at 26 :( But I have never found a better solution for my skin than Laura Mercier's oil free tinted moisturiser. When I'm next in Sephora, I will definitely purchase some of her foundations. Have you ever tried her mineral powders? I've heard they are quite nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am coveting your eyebrows! This foundation has been a long time favourite of mine as well. No other foundation applies as smooth and I love the finish. I have problematic skin but it still covers all of my blemishes. My only problem is that the lightest shade is still too dark for me so I have mix in a bit of Estee Lauder Double Wear just for the colour.

    perfectlyimperfectbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've used samples of this and I'm undecided, I need to use it for a while to see if I really like it before making the splurge. I use Mac studio fix at the minute and I love the finish it gives.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. i keep meaning to look at this in stores but never remember to! :) glad it has worked so consistently well for you though

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you tried Mac face and body foundation. C2 or N2 could be for you. Your skin hardly needs foundation I think.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips