9.18.2012

MAC Dark Side Lipstick




You know that feeling that you get when you go through your MAC products and realize you finally have six empties which means you can get a free lipstick? No? Well it's a really good feeling.

So after hoarding keeping MAC empties for months I discovered I had six which is awesome because I'm seriously obsessed with lip products lately. I figured I should get something different from my normal pinks/corals ( Angel, Cut A Caper, etc) but was seriously afraid to commit to something darker. Berry and dark purple are huge colors this fall so I took a step out of my comfort zone and had the lovely MAC MUA show me a few shades.

Dark Side looks a hell of a lot darker in the tube than it does on the lips but it's still a seriously pigmented lipstick. The great thing about it? I can wear it dark or light. By just patting it on my lips instead of applying normally I get a lighter but still lovely color (I did that in yesterdays post). Anyway I'm already in love with this color and have been wearing it like, everyday. So much for being afraid of darker lips!

What do you guys think? Do you love the deep berry/purple lipstick trend as much as I do?

12 comments:

  1. Love this color and it looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing colour. Looks lovely on you doll xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Chelsea. :) Found you on the IFB thread. Following!

    www.winawonders.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing on you! Such a great color for fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the best lipstick I have seen in a long time!!!
    Great blog!!
    There is an amazing giveaway at my blog!
    Join it if you have some time:)

    http://fashionresidence.com/?p=1832

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks fantastic! Definitely something to be on the look out for!
    http://out-of-liner.blogspot.com.au/
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous colour, I've been wanted to dip my toe into the 'dark lip' ocean and I think this might be the way forward!
    Megan from out of liner mentioned you in a post and I've come to have a look - I've got to say, I love your blog! I'll be following!

    -Alice
    shinyprettythings-alice.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you know if this colour is much darker/more pigment etc than Plumful, because plumful on me looks quite like Dark side looks like you in the last pic. If that makes sense?
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah this is a *lot* darker than Plumful (I've got both!). Dark Side is extremely pigmented and super dark when packed on, but most times I pat it lightly and wear it kind of like a stain. x

      Delete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips