7.02.2012

Finding the perfect flat iron (Part I): GHD Purple Peacock



I've had my CHI Turbo for since 2003 — it still works perfectly but I'm afraid that it'll die on me any day now and I won't have a backup. My hair is sooo thick and curly and sometimes wearing it natural just isn't an option.

While at Sephora I spotted this little beauty which happened to be the last one and really wanted to give it a try. I've heard nothing but good reviews so I figured why not (also Sephora's return policy is amazing).

I was immediately impressed with how fast it heated up; it took less than a minute!  Once I started to straighten I noticed that my hair was definitely very straight but also very dry (and not soft at all!). After doing a semi-big section + my bangs I just had to stop — my ends felt like straw and I didn't want to do any more damage than I already had. I was honestly soooo upset because I had read so many amazing reviews but this iron was just not working with my hair AT ALL. I do think main reason was that I didn't have control over the temperature and with hair like mine, I've got to have that control.

I wasn't about to risk the health of my hair for this gorgeous straightener, so I took it back to Sephora today and exchanged it for a few other things (I mean, this is only part 1) ;)

All in all, while the GHDs seem to get great reviews I'm not sure they're the right tool me and my hair temperamental hair type. However, this does seem like a tool that would be great for straight/wavy haired girls who don't really need the all the extra settings. What do you guys think of GHDs?


2 comments:

  1. I'm on the hunt for a good hair straightener to take to college! So glad you are doing these reviews :)
    found your blog from IFB
    following you now!
    xx
    I Shop, Therefore I Am

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Check out my latest post (aka the best straightener I've ever used). It's cheaper than the GHD and works like a dream! x

      Delete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips