6.29.2012

Benefit Sunbeam




I've never used a highlighter before but after reading about them, I really wanted to try one. My decision was between this, Benefit's Watt's Up, High Beam, or NARS' Albatross. I wanted something that wouldn't be super noticeable, but that would just give the definition I was looking for. Although the reviews on all the other highlighters were wonderful, I decided to go with Sunbeam after trying it in the store.

Sunbeam gives my olive skin a beautiful bronze glow which is exactly what I was looking for. It looks stunning at night when out having drinks or at a restaurant with atmospheric lighting. During the day, the sunlight hits it in all the right spots and gives me the warmest glow — I couldn't be happier.

It's easy to apply, highlights the right parts of your face (while complimenting your blush) and overall just adds a little something extra.

What's your favorite highlighter? I'm pretty sure I'll be sticking to this one for quite a while! x

9 comments:

  1. This is looks beautiful! Just discovered your blog, love the simple design x my fav highlighter has been MAC cream color base in pearl for a couple years now, but it looks like I should turn to Benefit to try something new :)

    xx Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsay, thanks so much! I really want to focus on the content that I blog and I believe having a minimal layout helps with that. I really want to check out what MAC has in the way of highlighters. Benefit has a few but it really depends what kind of highlight you want and what your skin tone is! Let me know if you need a recommendation! xx

      Delete
  2. Hi,
    I'm looking for a highlighter too and benefit is always my go-to brand lol! But sunbeam's too dark for me (I'm incredibly pale). Since you've done some research, which would you recommend? I was thinking high beam or moon beam...

    Also, I'd really appreciate if you could have a look at my new blog and, if you can, give me some feedback? I'm very new to blogging, so would really appreciate any advice/comments :)

    Thanks!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cat! So, High beam is great and looks good on all skin tones but especially fair — it's more of a pink toned highlighter (which I'm actually going to review soon!). Moon beam is more yellow-toned so I'm not sure how it would suit your fair skin, I've also never used it. You can google and find swatches of it, but I definitely recommend going into a Sephora or Benefit if possible and having the ladies try them on you!

      Send me an email at chelseahenry(at)me.com and we can chat more :) xx

      Delete
  3. I've been wondering how this is! I have a tester bottle of High Beam, but it just looks a little weird on me - I have fair skin, but I need more golds and warmth than bluish-pinks. Sun Beam looks really nice on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a tester of High Beam but it looks a bit odd on me too compared to this. Maybe try Moon Beam? They say its like "golden-apricot" which might be nice on your skin! Thank you!!!!!!! xx

      Delete
  4. Looks like a great little highlighter... good to know it's made by Benefit which is one of my fav makeup brands.
    Right now I'm using MAC's Cream Colour Base in Hush

    http://primpedandprimed.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I love it a ton! I'll have to check out MAC's highlighters as I haven't messed with any of them before :) x

      Delete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips