7.05.2012

Finding the perfect flat iron (Part II): KeratinPerfect PerfectLight Deluxe



After my not so great experience with the GHD my search for a new straightener continued and lead me to this glorious tool. I admit I had been looking into Keratin straighteners since my stylist used a Keratin Complex iron on my hair in which lead to awesome results — you can only buy them online which isn't a total drawback, but I just wanted something that would be easy to return if I didn't like it. Luckily when I returned my GHD at Sephora, I found this little guy.

Once again, I came home and was (seriously) impatient to try out what I had just bought. All I can say is oh my god this thing is wondrous. It's easy to hold, heats up fast, and overall gets the job done without burning my hair. The end result was soft, manageable locks and it literally made me look like I had just walked out of the salon. The buttons and digital display make it really easy to use, it's light, and the plates are titanium which seem to help in making my hair shinier. The PerfectLight goes up to a whopping 450º which makes it one of the hottest irons on the market today (it's lowest temp is 280º and I use it around 350-380º). While they say you should use this with the KeratinPerfect product line you definitely don't need to, and I don't; it still works perfectly and yields incredible results all on its own.

I would definitely recommend this to everyone and anyone — especially those with coarse, thick, or curly hair. I imagine it will work really great for straight haired ladies as well.

Goodbye 9 year old CHI, it was nice knowing you <3.

15 comments:

  1. do you think it will be hot enough for 100% not the human hair like brazillian but just a normal weave?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, I'm pretty sure you're supposed to use the LOWEST temp for fake hair! x

      Delete
  2. such a nice blog!!
    I'm following you via GFC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im so in need of a new straightener, great blog doll.
    New happy follower xx

    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are too lovely!!!!!!!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to ask, I am on the market for a new one, can you use it from wet to dry? Also how high does the price run?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was like, $175. I wouldn't use this if your hair is wet since I don't think it's made for that. Check out this site and make sure to look at the ratings :) let me know if you need help looking!!!!! http://www.folica.com/tools/flat-irons/wet-to-dry-flat-irons

      Delete
  6. This review is almost making me want to buy it! I have a SEDU that I like. Perhaps if it dies on me I know what to get...

    bonjourgazel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really wonderful, I love it to bits. I've heard great things about SEDU irons! Which do you have? x

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post..You are shared the wonderful idea.Thanks for sharing.

    Best Flat Iron For Hair

    ReplyDelete
  9. So I moved the pointer to 210 and waited for the straightener to heat up. It takes about 2 minutes to reach the maximum mark initially and once the desired temperature is reached, straightener

    ReplyDelete
  10. I touched a just-straightened strand), but I reckon my hair was exposed to less heat overall, as it was just so quick to style all of it. https://www.amazon.com/xtava-Hotness-Styler-Professional-Tourmaline/dp/B01M2TZ1XV

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips