9.26.2014

Week in Review · No 2



Place of Interest: Two Hands · Little Italy, NYC

If you're in the area and find yourself wanting a little snack (or like, the best latte ever) check out Two Hands. Another great Aussie coffee shop. Oh, and their cookies and avocado toast are to. die. for.

...

Links: 


  • I can't stop quoting this tweet. I'm not even sorry about it. 
  • Still stuck on Duolingo. Level 9 in French. Vous venez ici souvent?
  • Brace yourselves: Radiohead is coming back.
  • NYT Cooking is great. I'm addicted to the New York Times, if you haven't figured that out by now. I read it every morning (except today). Oops. The Newstand app is great. So is the NYT Now app... but I really just prefer this NYT Skimmer for web. So good. 
  • I'm still dying for one of these

...

Music: 




  • Lia Ices has been on repeat all week. Thousand Eyes in particular, though. This song is pretty freaking great in every sense of the word. 
  • Pretty jealous of everyone who saw KAYTRANADA this weekend in SF. This one has got it goin' on.
  • I think I love Fouk! It's a thing. I can't help it. This is no exception; a play on elevator music? Oh god yes. Just listen to it. Close your eyes. Enjoy.
  • This one's a bit older but I went to see with my babely boyfriend last night and DAMN. She puts on a great show. If you have the chance to go see her, I would definitely suggest going. When she started singing this song I FREAKED OUT. I mean, who wouldn't?
  • I'm not sure if it's the weather or what but I've been digging atmospheric stuff a lot lately. As per usual, Tycho doesn't disappoint. See is a good one.
  • I'm always on the hunt for new stuff. I came across Gidge on Rdio and was immediately obsessed with this song. The entire album is pretty ace but this song is just something else. It was nothing like I expected to be, and I think that's what I love most about it. 
  • POOM! I can't ever say no to some good French music. POOM is a favorite of mine and their newest track De la Vitesse à l'lvresse is smooth, sensual, and sweet. Just like I like it. 
...

Hope everyone has an amazing weekend! Until next time...

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I'm so with you on that tweet, I feel like I've been saying that ever since I saw it! I'm also clutching my pearls at the prospect of a new Radiohead album, it feels like forever ago that The King of Limbs came out and I need more!

    Bramble & Thorn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avocado toast may be one of my very favourite things. So delicious. Great tunes too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That avo looks amazing!! Perfect accompaniment to coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. It is God's gift to man, the only art of Heaven given to earth, the only art of earth we take to Heaven.
    Chicago discography

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please can I just have everything in that picture? Yum!

    Really great music picks too :)

    Lorna | www.studsanddreams.com xx

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips