7.30.2013

Sunday Riley Charisma Créme Cleanser


Sunday Riley Charisma Créme Cleanser / $45

I never in my wildest dreams thought I would be the kind of person that spends $45 on a bottle of cleanser. As someone with very normal skin, it's easy to neglect the fact that you should still spend a decent chunk of time taking care of it. Two or so months back I had the chance to check out the Space NK up in Larkspur and I left with a hefty amount of samples. One that has stayed in my mind the whole time was this Sunday Riley cleanser. I used it and loved it until those little packets of product were no more. And then I contemplated buying and can I just say that justifying a $45 cleanser is a bit hard when you've been using ~$6 Cetaphil cleanser for ages. I also tried the Ceramic Slip cleanser that SR does but couldn't stand the smell and the finish just wasn't at nice. Can't win 'em all! 

Then last week, a few days before my birthday we headed over to Sephora and there is was: Sunday Riley in all it's glory. I contemplated for a good five minutes until Richard told me to just get it (and so I did). No regrets.

It's just as amazing as I remember. A milky white consistency that removes makeup like a dream and leaves your skin feeling so so moisturized. It's packed full of ingredients like lavender and chamomile for soothing, and green tea + cranberry extract for their antioxidant properties. Because I've been a bit sick and getting some frustrating hormonal breakouts, this is just doing exactly what I need it to right now. Calming, adding more moisture where I need it, and overall just making me feel super luxurious (and beautiful) while I cleanse.

It's funny to say a skincare product (let alone a cleanser) is gorgeous but this really truly is. I can see myself using this until the end of time. It just knocks any other product I've ever cleansed with out of the park. Sorry Cetaphil, but you're just not cutting it anymore.

What do you guys think of Sunday Riley? Have you tried this cleanser?

16 comments:

  1. Ah I'm glad you got it. I can see what you mean about justifying the money though, think you made the right choice! You have the same skin type as me so thank-you for raising my awareness of this, will have to contemplate getting it!

    Eloise | http://simplynaturale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. would you recommend it to someone with combination skin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, I think that anyone and everyone should try it — you never know how your skin will react. It's not greasy at all, more hydrating than anything. Might be nice for combo gals (and gents) to use as a nighttime cleanser! x

      Delete
  3. I've never tried Sunday Riley products before. In fact, I haven't heard much about their products but this sounds lovely.
    xx
    Celina | The Celution

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may give this a go.
    Beautiful photography! I am so jealous.
    I have never even heard of this brand before.
    I love this eye-opening reviews!

    Velia | Cocoamourr ;Makeup&Skincare

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just run out of Ceramic Slip so I couldn't have read this at a better time. Although my wallet probably thinks otherwise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really wanted to try the Ceramic Slip but now after reading your post I need to go compare the two cleansers to see which one is best for me.

    cynthialions.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never tried any Sunday Riley skincare, but I've heard rave reviews on a lot of it. P.S. these photos are stunning!

    xo Parisian To Be

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ive always wanted to try Sunday Riley but they're not available here :(
    When I pick some stuff up, I'll grab this for sure :)

    ♥,
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is very expensive for a cleanser but i think they last for such a long time and if it's something you're going to be putting on your face 2-3 times a day every day then you might as well treat yourself and get something that you really like.

    little henry lee

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard from a friend that relies on sunday riley cleansers that ceramic slip is more for normal to oily skin, while this one is better for those who are dry. In any event, i would like to try this one! I'm so glad you got it and love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm normal — not really dry or oily at all (though I do get some oil around my nose) but the Ceramic Slip smelled so bad I couldn't deal and really this stuff is just perfect. It's so so nice. x

      Delete
    2. i will have to ask for a sample next time i see it! :) i probably won't like the scent if you don't!

      Delete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips