6.28.2013

June 2013 Beauty Favorites



I must admit, while it's insane that it's the end of June/that this year is going by so quickly, I'm pretty excited for this month to end. Why? Welllllll, next month is my birthday. I'm a huge birthday person so I can't wait. I don't even care that it means I'll be another year older. Embracing these 20s, yo! Plus, this month has been great in terms of finding some new products that I really really love.

Hourglass' Dim Light has obviously made the cut. Still using it, still obsessed. I've even been wearing only this on lazier days. No foundation necessary. MAC Harmony has made it back into my daily routine, taking over as my contour powder of choice. Not sure why I haven't used it more; it's so perfect! A new little product that I recieved: Jouer Tint in Bare. A gorgeous pale peachy-pink. You guys know that's totally what I'm into as of late. This stuff is 10x better than the Stila cream blushes so keep any eye out for a full-on review.

I wrote a little review on this perfume oil and honestly? I can't get enough. I use it daily and reapply like 20x an hour because I'm obsessed. Sorrynotsorry. Am I allowed to put Samoan Sand here even though I just got it last week? I'm gonna go with yes. It's the perfect nude/summer color and it definitely helps bring out the slight tan I've gotten. Beach babe status: almost achieved. This Korres Quercetin & Oak Age-reversing Primer is a sample I got from Sephora and have been using religiously. Though I went off primer for a little while, I'm back and loving this so so much. It doesn't make me oily like the NARS primer started to do and it really does help my makeup last. Will most definitely be purchasing the full-size of this.

My BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone is still one of my all time favorite products. I love how versatile it is, not to mention it's incredibly natural looking. No disco ball shimmer, I promise. Diorskin concealer still workin' it's magic on my hormonal spots. Still thinking about getting the lighter shade so I can mix the two to make the perfect color. We'll see. Pixi Lash Line Ink aka the best liquid liner for achieving a sassy little cat eye. I'm loving gloss + liner with a bit of contour, powder, and a pop of blush. Less is more in this 95º weather!

Annnnd that's a wrap. So many products but honestly, I've just really been enjoying makeup this month. More so than ever, I think. What are your favorites?!

32 comments:

  1. Great list ! I have been hearing great things about Jouer lately. May have to try their products out !

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jouer is easily one of my favorite brands. I've got a whole palette of their stuff that I cannot stop using! It's love, I swear! x

      Delete
  2. I really want a BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector, they look so great! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be sure to check out my blog post going up later today then ;) x

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely selection of products.
    I'll need to try out MAC Harmony because I'm looking for a contour colour to try out.
    Added to the list!
    xx

    http://thecelution.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great products! I've heard a lot of great things about Harmony Blush but I've never gone into a Mac store to swatch it. I'll have to check it out soon though. Thanks for sharing. :)

    Laura
    www.lauraneuzeth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first I was iffy about Harmony because of the red in it, but I think I just needed to experiment/learn to blend better (ha)! Let me know what you think! x

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous. :) I'm still lusting after the Hourglass powders.

    The Origins super spot remover pretty much saved my skin this past month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to check that stuff out. Salicylic acid doesn't do much for me though, I think. Funnily enough, neither does benzoyl :( might try it anyways x

      Delete
  6. I really want to try the Pixi liner as I've heard it's great for people who are not so great at creating a steady flick! They all sound like such amazing products! Happy birthday month ;) (a few days early!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is very very true (and also the reason I use it). Thank you xxx

      Delete
  7. Great roundup, and I love the soft mood of your photos. I had the Hourglass powders on my wishlist for the longest time, but I never got around to swatching them in-store. Also I eventually realized that with my brush-washing track record, I'd probably end up pulling those out once a month. Favorites of the month...the crimson Korres Cheek Butter which I've been wearing every day, liquid liners from Urban Decay, and my Place Vendome Palette from Guerlain which is probably the best splurge I've ever made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always just use a big fluffy brush for the powder and that's all I use it for. I think you'd probably fall in love with it and not be able to go a day without it, ha! I definitely want to take a look at the Korres Cheek Butter and Guerlain palette! I haven't really used much from either brand but everyone seems to love them!

      Delete
  8. I really want to try the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector, it sounds like such an amazing product. I love your photography, it's gorgeous.

    Megan xxx
    Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megan, that really means a lot! :) also keep a lookout for my blog post coming up today — you might just get to try the BECCA highlighter ;)

      Delete
  9. Can't tell if these are actually your favourites....or if you just picked the lot because they look so darn good photographed together! Hahaha, I'm kidding. Gawjussss photos as per usual. OH and congrats on 1K on Bloglovin!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving these photos!
    Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone has been on my wishlist for a while, I'm glad to read another positive review on it. Can't wait to get my hands on it! I've had a small card sample of the Korres primer for a while now, you've just reminded me that I should try it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These all seem like great products; I love how Jouer products assemble together into a palette, I think it's pretty genius! Lately I've been using Benefit's Hoola as a contouring powder as it's matte and a darker bronzer, perfect for when I'm a bit tanner (I live in Florida). I recently followed your blog and am already loving it!
    xx Amber
    Lovely Notions

    ReplyDelete
  13. Check the spelling of "fracophile" in your profile info... should be "fraNcophile" surely?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah little mistakes. Thanks for pointing it out :)

      Delete
  14. I used to have a MAC wishlist but I decided to try to stop buying makeup as I though I had way too much. I remember Harmony being one of the blushes that I was going to get and suddenly I want to get it now after seeing this post and reminding me of it. All of your favourites sound great but I haven't tried any of these. I really want to get that OPI nail polish, do you know if it is a permanent colour or is it from any collection? :)
    xx
    www.zdevania.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's funny. I buy makeup semi-often (not so much anymore as I used to) but I find that I pass a lot of it off to my family so I always have room to grow a bit. Plus because I'm so picky I only buy things I know I will really love (or atleast try to do that). The OPI polish is a permanent color! :) x

      Delete
  15. ooo glad to know you like that korres primer! I have a tube of that from some kit at home, so i'll have to try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so intrigued by all of those ambient lighting powders - I don't live in the US, so I've been thinking hard about which one (or TWO!) I want to get!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hourglass is at the top of my list, I only wish I could afford to invest in it. Such a lovely product! x

    Adrienne | Late Night Nonsense

    ReplyDelete
  18. You've some really lovely choices this month. MAC Harmony sounds really nice, I'll be looking that up after I've left this comment. I've seen the Korres Primer before and have never taken the plunge and purchased it, mainly due to very little reviews being out there; so so glad I stumbled upon this.

    Amy xx
    A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hourglass seriously did something amazing when they created their Ambient Lighting Powders, OBSESSED.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips