6.20.2013

Diorskin Nude Skin Perfecting Hydrating Concealer in 002


Diorskin Nude Skin Perfecting Hydrating Concealer in 002 / $30

With all the hype around NARS' new Creamy Concealer I thought I check it out for myself. Unfortunately for me, none of the shades we're right for me and something about the consistency through me off. Now I'm not even a concealer girl but for some weird reason I've been getting chin breakouts (I'm blaming hormones) so I've had to go out and find something that works for me. Let it be known, that I was really hoping to find a concealer I could use both under the eyes and on spots (and I did)!

^ Left eye: Nada / Right eye: Concealed ^
Please excuse my brows! Growin' them babies out!

While I never felt like I had any signs of dark circles, this concealer hides the very itty bitty purpley-blue that I do have, blending in almost perfectly — never creasing or caking in the process. You can see a bit of red/purple on my right (your left) but on my left (your right) you can see it's quite smoothed out. Hooray. As for covering blemishes and spots, this glides right over them and doesn't cling to dry patches. I'm guessing this is because it's meant to be a hydrating concealer but you know, not every product does what it says it will. This one however, has yet to let me down. While the shade isn't perfect, it's much better than any other I've found. Though I have thought about getting the lighter shade to mix the two, right now the only thing that's stopping me is $$$ because these lovely little tubes ain't cheap.

Dior is consistently knocking it out of the park for me; everything I use, I really do love. They're quite obviously my favorite high-end brand... could you have guessed? I'm super interested in trying out their other products from this range, more especially after seeing Esteé's review on them all! FLAWLESS.

What do you guys think of this concealer + range from Dior?

22 comments:

  1. You know I ordered the NARS concealer last night and now you post this review, it sounds like I'd love it as I don't have bad dark circles either! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have very bad dark circles and am wondering if this would work. Debating about getting the NARS one.
    Thanks for the review !

    itsamadsmadsworld.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure the NARS one would give a bit more coverage but swatch both. This is good for spots too whereas the NARS one isn't really made for that! x

      Delete
  3. Seems like everyone and their dog are in love with Dior at the moment!! Surely I would too but I just can't afford it :(

    ♥Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the same about paying $30 for a concealer but then I realized that this concealer is basically two in one. I can use it on blemishes *and* under the eyes! I know a lot of people who use one for under the eyes and another for spots and when you add up what that would probably be, it's around the same price :) plus the quality of this is amazing! x

      Delete
  4. Lol I love Estee. You're blog and hers are the only ones that I religiously read and follow. I'm going to have to try this one out! I have the Nars Creamy Concealer and I love it, but this one just looks divine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AW! Thank you! Yeah you should definitely check this one out; I'm in love xx

      Delete
  5. Haha Estee is the best.
    This concealer looks so natural on you and it looks like the shade is perfect.
    xx

    http://thecelution.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks really good on you! great review, i've been looking to try out the Nars creamy concealer but after your review, I think I may need to pass on that and try this one out instead!

    -Sandra,
    backto--neverland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely check it out — I love that you can use it under the eyes AND on spots, making it a bit more versatile than the NARS concealer! Basically 2 for the price of 1! x

      Delete
  7. Aw I love Estée! I saw the post that you were talking about and see made me so interested in trying this concealer. I already have the Dior BB cream and I absolutely love it. After seeing your review I am pretty sure I'm sold, haha :)
    xx
    www.zdevania.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm ... I don't know whether it was the camera or the lighting, but the concealer looks a little too yellow on your skin. But you're right, it DID cover up the slight redness you had under your eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably the lighting. Also I know it's not the perfect shade as I wrote in the post! Need to get the lighter shade so I can mix my own :)

      Delete
  9. Wow! I will definitely have to try this out next time I'm in Sephora. Beautiful post, as always.
    xo Lillian parisiantobe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lillian! Definitely let me know what you think! x

      Delete
  10. I need to start looking into Dior products more! Love all of your posts, Chelsea :3

    xo Em

    ReplyDelete
  11. As much as I'd want to like it, it seems like it'd be way too light coverage for me. : ( I need layers of concealer and powder to cover up my dark circles. I always like Dior's packaging though. So simple and clean.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i don't think i've looked at this concealer before, so i'll have to go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I recently tried Dior's cleansing oil. LOVE. I think some people might think it smells like an old lady, but I love the scent of lillies. I've never tried any of their makeup, but after seeing so many lovely reviews online I might have to!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips