5.01.2013

My (short) time with WEN



A little less than a month ago I purchased a WEN starter kit and talked about how I was excited to see if there were any changes in my hair (link to that post). Spoiler alert: there were. It wasn't much different to what I expected, but I'll talk about the things I liked/disliked/and found now.

Surprisingly the Sweet Almond Mint Replenishing Treatment Mist and Re Moist Intensive Hair Treatment were the things I enjoyed most. I mentioned the first in my favorites and will be repurchasing STAT seeing as I've already run out. It helps keep frizz away and adds just the right amount of moisture to my hair when it's feeling a bit dry. I love spraying this all over before blowdrying for just an added touch of help, I guess you could say. The latter was something I didn't really have high hopes for. That said, it's the kind of treatment you notice right when you wash it out — your hair feels silkier and smoother almost instantly. It also feels more hydrated which is always nice if you have naturally drier hair. I'm not positive if I'll repurchase as I still have lots of LUSH hair masks left to use but it's definitely something I'll be keeping on my radar.

Now onto the big one — the cleansing conditioner itself. I really loved using this. The way it makes your hair feel as you're massaging it in is incredibly nice buuuut of course it had to have it's downfall(s).

Firstly, about a week ago it stopped pumping out (because I basically used it all) so I had to take the pump out and dump it into my palms to get the last remnants out. It's not surprising considering how much (and how often) I used this; 7+ pumps almost every day. It's much less excessive than the 10-15 the instructions tell you to use, but it still seemed like so much product. Hydration wise I sometimes felt like it wasn't conditioned enough which seems funny since it's a cleaning conditioner.  Did I mention I was using this basically every day? This is coming from a curly haired girl who likes to keep washes to every 2-3 days. My hair seemed to get oily way faster which was not what I was used to at all. I don't actually have time to meticulously wash my hair daily and plus I hate styling it that much. Maybe this is due to lack of crap in the ingredients which is great and a bummer all at the same time.

But the good? My hair felt different. When I blow-dried it, it had some great body and volume. It was basically weightless. But what's great volume if you're going to end up oily faster? Not to mention how fast I went through a bottle.

When I went back to using my normal hair-washing products, I could definitely tell that Pureology was a bit more harsh. It wasn't anything awful but it did feel weird having even the teensiest bit of lather. My hair is once again back to its normal state and I can once again go back to not washing every day. The shampoo I use, I love. The conditioner is fantastic and smells like a dream. Plus, it's hydrating AND lightweight. I should also mention that both of these last me months not just a month.

Conclusion? If you don't mind washing your hair daily and spending quite a bit on the WEN cleansing conditioner, you should totally try it. As much as I liked it, I just can't see myself washing my hair that much. I'm definitely repurchasing the mist and I'll update again if I purchase the treatment. Maybe one day I'll go back and try some of the other WEN cleansing conditioners. For now? I'm sticking with my old faithfuls: Pureology Hydrate Shampoo + TIGI Catwalk Oatmeal & Honey Conditioner.

What do you guys think?


9 comments:

  1. So good to read an thorough review of this system!! It always sounded so lovely to me but if it makes your hair greasier faster then it's a definite no-go in my book :/ Such a shame!

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a small sample of the cleansing conditioner a few months ago and the 2 or 3 times I used it my hair fell out like crazy! I was SO shocked! just rinsing my hair I could feel 4 or 5 strands in my hands with each squeeze of water, not good!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had this same problem! I definitely noticed more hair loss with the Wen cleanser...and my hair is already fine/thin...so yikes! I also noticed my hair got oily faster than normal. I have really been liking the Clear Scalp Therapy shampoos...they have definitely made a difference for me. : )

      Delete
  3. this sounded so nice, may give it try any way to see what it can do for my hair but I'm wary!
    thanks for reviewing it in a bit for depth x

    Ellinor
    abeautyconvert.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the exact same problem with the Wen Conditioner. It made my hair super soft, but my hair/roots would start to get oily a few hours after I washed it. So now in order to not let the product go to waste I wash my hair with shampoo and then use the Wen Conditioner at the ends. It makes the bottom half of my hair soft without the additional oiliness from before :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just repurchased Catwalk Oatmeal & Honey Conditioner it's an old faithful for me as well ^^. I've been wanting to try the wen products but the prices always scared me off lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. pada sebuah kehidupan berumah tangga pasangan selalu membutuhkan alat bantu sex
    untuk menghindari seorang suami berselingkuh dalam perjalanan luar kota alangkah baiknya bawa bekal boneka sex | boneka full body atau alat bantu sex minimal alat bantu sex pria dan alat bantu seks
    dan bagi pria atau suami yang penisnya sudah loyo pakai aja penis ikat pinggang penyangga jual alat bantu sex
    untuk wanita yang maniak berhubngan intim tapi di tinggal pasangannya pakai aja alat bantu sex wanita
    dan bagi wanita yang ingin berfantasi sex engan pasangannya alat bantu sexualitas wanita
    jika anda mencari alat bantu wanita jangan ragu klik aja link ini alat bantu seks
    kebanyakan orang dalam berhubungan intim mengunakan alat bantu seksual wanita atau alat seksual wanita
    dan rata rata wanita yang doyan ngesex biasanya menggunakan alat sex wanita atau menggelitik anunya dengan sex toys

    ReplyDelete
  7. the article is very helpful to me. I like your article. I wait for the next article
    Cara Menggugurkan Kandungan

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips