4.04.2013

ModelCo Cheek + Lips Tint



* I wasn't sent this product, but I did want to include that I received this in a Glossybox!

Real talk: I've never reviewed just one single product from a beauty box before. I've also never used a cheek tint before. When I received this in my Glossybox, however, I was kind of over-joyed. Just because I'd never really looked into tints and stains, doesn't mean I wasn't interested. To be honest, I think I was a bit intimidated by the whole tint thing. Rubbing liquid color into your face? Yeah, that's a recipe for disaster (for me).



Well, of course I was wrong. I actually really like this little tube of blush, and even if it takes me a while, I'm determined to get the application down. First things first, this stuff is super dark when it comes out, but when applied looks really similar to a real flush. I don't think I've ever used anything that's looked so natural and subtle before. I'm really into it. I basically popped some onto my finger and rubbed it into my face — voila! I love that it goes on really light but can be built up to whatever you're feeling. The color really does mimic that of a real cold-weather flush but I think this would be gorgeous atop a little tan too. The light weight/easy to apply nature of this stuff makes it absolutely perfect for the warmer days. It doesn't even feel like you're wearing blush. Plus, it's got a nice light fruity scent which is actually kind of nice.

Overall I think this stuff is really really great. I could definitely see myself repurchasing once I've used up this pretty pink tube, but until then... I'll just keep enjoying it. What do you guys think of cheek tints? Do you have any favorites I should check out?


15 comments:

  1. Omg, I also got this in my Glossybox and I am so scared of using it. It looks so dark when coming out of the tube! But after reading this maybe I will give it another try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really quite lovely! PS you have the cutest little nose :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I applied this with a stippling brush and it really looked nice! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow this looks REALLY lovely on you!! I'm glad you got over your fears and tried it out because, like said, it's a stunner from what I can tell :)

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never really try cheek tints (like you, I have been afraid) but this is so natural that is looks like the perfect blush. You are so gorgeous, by the way, so of course that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your photos are amazing. ALL of them! What camera do you use?

    Xoxo
    Tiffany
    Www.glossandmascara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I use an old little Canon 400d!

      Delete
  7. I've only ever used Benefit's Benetint, which I loved the color of, but found a bit difficult to blend in as it's very liquid-y & has a tendency to sink into the skin and "stain" quite quickly. I just found out they also make it in more of a balmy texture now though, so I may have to try that out out at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks really natural on you! I wonder if you could also use it as a lip tint/stain?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks really nice! I love natural cheek colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. OHHH this is gorgeous on you. I like the becca beach tints, which have a similar packaging and seem to be the same type of consistency in terms of product. I really like the photos here too :) well done!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips