3.20.2013

Stila Convertible Color Blush in Lilium



As spring comes rolling in, the corals and pinks that may have been dormant over the colder months suddenly come out. Gracing the runway... and then my face. I've got to say, I'm much more of a dark lip/not-so-bright cheek kind of a gal, but whatever. Sometimes I just can't deny that pop of pink. Damn you.

Cream blush was something I avoided for much too long. Why? I was all "I won't like that" "cream blush? HA. Who needs it?!". Well, I do. I'm now the proud owner of two cream blushes — the first being Lilium, by Stila. The pigmentation is incredible. A little goes a long way, people. I usually apply this with a Real Techniques stippling brush, tapping the brush ever so slightly into the blush, ridding excess on the back of my hand, and stippling on. Sometimes if I'm feeling extra lazy, I'll use my fingers. Either way is pretty fail-proof, so go with whatever you're comfortable with. The lasting power is alright — it ends up fading pretty fast on me if I forget to set with powder which is a bit frustrating considering the whole point of cream blush is to add a bit more dewiness, non?  Either way, I'm a fan! I've been wearing this color for a week straight and I'm not sure that'll change anytime soon.


10 comments:

  1. This blush is so beautiful it looks lovely! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really beautiful shade, not too bright...I love it! You look gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a very soft and pretty shades. I think I need to take a better look at this one next time I go shopping.
    Its lovely on you:)

    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, this looks so gorgeous... as do you!! I have yet to dabble in cream blushes because I'm not sure they're for me but I've been wanting to try out the stila convertible colors for awhile now (if I ever do decide to dabble)!! :)

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was thinking about getting this shade but i bought poppy instead! i'll have to look at it again. :) it is so pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks wonderful! I was thinking of getting this, but I don't wear cream blushes often. But it is perfect for spring =)

    simplecharmbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, I'm gonna go to Boots and have a bit of a swatch party. I've heard so much about Lilium. *curious*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this blush and have barely been able to put it down once I bought it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love how subtle this is!


    check out our blog!

    www.unlimitedwants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips