2.05.2013

January (Beauty) Favorites



I really love watching favorites videos on YouTube, but because I don't have a proper filming camera I figured I'd just do a favorites post. While I don't have a lot of favorites, these are the few things I've been using basically religiously throughout the month.

First up is the Essie polish in Eternal Optimist. I'm gonna be honest and say I kind of hate the formulation of these polishes. I find they chip so fast, even with a bit of Seche Vite over top. That said, this color is incredible and is probably my favorite polish color of all time. Pale pink with a hint of salmon? Love at first sight. 

Next are MAC's 224 brush and All That Glitters eye shadow. I've been loving just sweeping this all across the lid with the 244, blending a bit, popping on some mascara, and leaving it at that. The gold pearlescent color is really flattering whether it's worn alone, or with another color. 

Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara, anyone? While this ain't a product for everyone, it's definitely a product for me. I usually wear mascara on my bottom last and deal with the dreaded smudging or smearing or whatever. With this I have zero issues and it lasts until I wash it off with a bit of warm water. It's almost too good to be true.

Then we've got a Revlon lip butter. I didn't really hop on the bandwagon with these but I did pick up two that I quite liked the look of; Peach Parfait being one of them. It's got a hint of color with a bit of shine and is super moisturizing. Such a great alternative to lipstick if you're feeling a bit lazy. 

Last but definitely not least is LUSH's Full of Grace. I've literally been using this non-stop since I got it in December — every night before bed and after I cleanse, I'll rub my fingers on this little serum bar (which I keep in a shampoo bar tin) and I massage it into my face. It's calming and smells heavenly and I wake up in the morning with extremely soft and hydrated skin. I've noticed that my skin is a lot calmer as well, less redenss and basically no breakouts whatsoever. This stuff is holy grail in my book. 

Annnnd that's it for January favorites. I'll probably review some of this stuff on it's own at one point or another.. but until then, let me know what you think! What are your favorite things from January? 

13 comments:

  1. Full of Grace sounds really interesting ! x might try it out next time I'm at a Lush

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love favorites posts and videos as well!! They really let you know what people are actually loving rather than just what people are enjoying at any given moment. You've got some lovely products in here that I myself can stand by and also some that I want to try out (one of these days I'm going to get myself some M.A.C. eyeshadows!!)! :)

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only ever tried one Essie nail polish in the past (Ballet Slippers) and it chipped on the first day :/ After that, I never bought another Essie polish again. I mean, they're just way too expensive for the quality. I'd rather pick up a Revlon polish - they're less pricey and they last longer on my nails. Also, I find that the Wet n' Wild ones are pretty decent too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post as always. We have very similar taste which makes it such a pleasure to read your posts as I always find products that I know I will love! 'Full of grace' sounds amazing. Love peach parfait, I think that's my favourite revlon butter and that nail polish? Oh my gawwwd, I have to get that!!! If you did a YouTube channel that would be amazing! X


    www.lucygarrick.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Full of Grace seems so perfect. I always love your photos x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so intrigued by Lush's Full of Grace! nice favs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Favorites posts! I like them better than the YT vids! Love that essie polish



    Janelle @ GlamorousMama

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Essie polish looks gorgeous. I am one of those people who just doesn't get the hype around the bottom lash mascara. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to love essie polishes so bad because I fall in love with so many of their colors but the formula...sigh. I've never had good luck with them. All that glitters is an all time favorite of mine as well :) Lovely post x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Essie polish is a gorgeous colour!

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. That Essie polish looks so lovely! Added to the wishlist. ;)

    http://jemaroons.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm curious about the lush serum! I like lush :) haha. I keep meaning to do a favorites video but it is such a pain to set up, especially since I don't have the proper space for it :/ which reminds me, i should totally take photos for a post! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Essie's Eternal Optimist! Its my 'important meet' nail colour! xx

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips