12.11.2012

MAC Haul & FOTD


Face: YSL Touché Éclat, Tarte Exposed · Brows: Anastasia Brow Wiz, MAC Mystery · Eyes: MAC Painterly, Malt, Sable, Teddy eyeliner, Maybelline Illegal Lenghts Mascara · Lips: MAC Rebel

This past Saturday, with a list in hand, I took a trip up to San Francisco to the MAC Pro Store and ended up with a bit more than I had planned, but oh well!  I really wanted a Z-Palette but they're so hard to get here (and I'm impatient) so I settled for the new MAC palette. I know some people didn't like the old one, but I've got to admit the new one is beautiful and sturdy.

For shadows, I opted for: Shroom, Patina, Charcoal Brown, Sable, Copperplate, Quarry, Malt, and Satin Taupe.  They seem to complement each other beautifully and also go well with some others I need to de-pot (Naked Lunch, Silver Ring, and Honesty). I think what started this whole thing was me dropping my beloved Satin Taupe and being way-too-sad about it. I originally purchased it to wear when Richard and I got married (and I did) so when it broke, I was feeling a bit nostalgic (lol?).

I really wanted a paint pot but couldn't decide between Bare Study and Painterly — the lovely lady MAC talked me into Painterly and I'm glad she did. It's such a nice nude base for shadows and it makes the colors pop a bit. My only fear is waking up one morning to find a dry paint pot, but hopefully that won't be for quite a while.

I repurchased Teddy, my favorite brown eyeliner of all time. I only wear it on the outer-half of my waterline, but I think it's perfect for that use. I also got the MAC 217 as I was in the market for a new blending/shadow brush. I'm in love! I need more brushes! Help!

Last but definitely not least are Plumful and Rebel. I originally went in for Capricious, but they didn't have it in stock, sigh. I figured I should get Plumful since I wanted it eventually anyway and was then talked into Rebel as well — but hey, I ain't regretting it.

Soooo that's that. Sorry this was ridiculously long! It's stuff like this that makes me seriosuly consider buying a new camera with video capability so I can do videos (so if you have any recommendations please let me know). I think I'm set for a while when it comes to MAC products — what are your favorite things from MAC?

21 comments:

  1. I have the painterly pot, groundwork is also good if you're doing a darker brown smokey eye. I also use shroom for my everyday eyes I love it! Although recently I've been reaching for the glittery shades. Obviously feeling festive. Wish I had the money to haul! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul! Patina and Satin Taupe are some of my favorite eye shadows of all time! I've never tried Painterly before, but I love rubenesque!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, this is an AMAZING haul! Makes me want to get some MAC products for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely haul and that lipstick is GORGEOUS on you! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Painterly is excellent. I've had mine for over a year and it has yet to dry out. I recently reached for my fluidline and it was dry as a bone. A drop of argan oil and some mushing solved that though.

    Question about the palette: is the bottom magnetized, therefore not requiring the insert? I asked a MUA at my local MAC Pro store and she said no, but she was new and didn't seem sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's magnetized! You can buy the insert separately but I opted not to!

      Delete
    2. Perfect. Thanks!

      Delete
  6. great post! I love your blog...especially because I'm obsessed with the exact same blogs as you are.
    check out my blog here:
    sugartoglitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have so many of my favs here! if you like plumfull you should check out Dare You, its a little more red but still dark and berryish! I have it swatched if you want to take a look. am a new follower btw. xx
    kittymakesup.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice review, your blog is just lovely by the ways, keep up the good work, ill be visiting again very soon :)

    http://haveapeekinsidemywardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/
    Andrea Antoniou
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful haul. I recently purchased the new MAC palette as well and I agree that I love the new ones. Those colors that you chose are gorgeous and go so well with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You picked up some great colours. Both the lipsticks are on my wishlist. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice review,you look so pretty.Getting FREE Christmas Gifts Here,http://www.japan-lingzhi-2daydiet.com/Christmas.html.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jealous! I love MAC & I love that color.

    Briella, Denver IT Consulting

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many gorgeous purchases! I feel like buying a new MAC palette now as the new one is so much sleeker and nicer looking! I absolutely adore MAC. I know some people have gone off it, but it's just one of those brands where you can find everything you'd ever need in your make up kit. It'll always be one of my favourites. :)

    http://vintagemachine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, I just found your blog last week (while looking for swatches of Creme In Your Coffee). Just wanted to say I'm loving your posts because I have quite similar coloring to you and it's great to get ideas that are on the mark, shade-wise! (Actually about half of your posts are new ideas, and half are things I already have, and those posts are almost as fun to read because I get to give myself a little mental pat on the back for having such "good taste" haha.) Keep up the lovely work and btw, if you ever want to add a ZPalette to your collection, I've bought 2 through Beauty.com and I love them- I use one for e/s and one for cheeks. I find de-potting and re-organizing to be so satisfying, in a very spring-cleaning kind of way. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm discovering your blog right now and I find it as beautiful as it is interesting !
    I tried to find the Plumful lipstick today but it wasn't in the shop ... I was so disappointed ! Anyway, MAC eyeshadows are always gorgeous and I quite like your selection, even if I think the colours wouldn't really stand out on me.
    I'll keep scrolling on your blog, yey !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey! I just found your blog and I love it!
    A little tip on the paint pot, store it upside down, it wont dry out as quickly :)
    (the same goes for the fluidline and such)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've had my painterly paint pot for almost a year and there is no sign of drying out. I've tried a few of the paint pots and painterly is by and large my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips