10.15.2012

Bumble and bumble Straight Blow Dry



I've said it before and I'll say it again: I have extremely curly hair. Actually, as I write this, my mane is in an extremely huge topknot cuz god knows I just can't be bothered to mess with it. I'm already planning to do a post dedicated to my frizz-filled locks and how I clean, nourish, and style — but until then I'll let you in on a few kew products I use to get the straight look. 

Bumble and bumble's Straight Blow Dry is a heat activated balm that helps tame fly-aways and frizz. At first I was a bit skeptical on how well this would work and how it would make my hair feel. Thicker balms and lotions tend to give my hair a greasy, weighed down feeling; this definitely doesn't do that. Instead it leaves my hair feeling extremely soft and smooth, while adding a bit of shine. It's definitely one of my all time favorite products for helping achieve my everyday straight hair style. With this stuff, a little goes a long way.

After sectioning my hair off to blowdry I apply this mid-shaft to ends and brush through. Using a round (boar bristle) brush I then blowdry depending on how I want my hair to look — higher heat + more concentrated = sleek and straight, or lower heat + lots of brush twirling for a more tousled look. I then follow up by straightening where needed. The end result is totally polished look. I use this most when I know I'll be more prone to frizz: when it's humidy/muggy/raining/etc. It really does an amazing job of helping to keep my hair under control!

What do you guys think of the Bb Straight line? Do you recommend any products for us ladies with curly hair?


7 comments:

  1. this sounds amazing! i'm always wary about things weighing my hair down too :)

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. make sure you've entered my giveaway to win 30 beauty products inc. essie, EOS and more! it's worldwide too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this product! It's great because I find that I only have to use a very tiny amount and it totally does the trick...only problem? It keeps selling out!

    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't have curly hair but this product sounds great because if i just let my hair dry naturally it goes really frizzy (i usually put it plaits to let it dry overnight) and i don't use a lot of product because it always does seem to feel weighed down/greasy, but i might have to give this a try!

    littlehenrylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try this! It really is amazing to help with the frizz! Make sure to only use a teeny bit cuz it goes a long way. PS Following you now! I <3 your blog!

      Delete
  4. Didn't know this product but I'll definetly try it soon!!

    p.s. follow me, let me know and I'll follow back! :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips