8.13.2012

Urban Decay Naked Palette



The hype around Urban Decay's palettes can't be denied, and for good reason. I've been wearing eyeshadow tons more now that I've cut down on eyeliner use, and I've got to say I much prefer it that way. So with that I've been debating getting a UD palette for some time now, going back and forth between the original Naked palette and the Naked 2 palette. After some research and recommendations, I went for the original!

The colors in this one are bronze and cocoa neutrals, making them a bit warmer than Naked 2 which is exactly what I wanted. There are few matte colors thrown in with the shimmers as well which is awesome as I'm a sucker for a nice matte brown (I'm looking at you, Buck). I'm pretty excited about most of the colors here, but especially Sin, Sidecar, Buck, Half Baked, Smog, and Toasted. Such great summer/autumn colors and I can definitely see myself wearing some of these year round too since they're so versatile and neutral. It comes with a little bottle of Primer Potion which is super cute and a total plus (vs. the random lipgloss that comes with Naked 2).

With our NYC trip coming up in two (!!!!) days I wanted something that I could easily bring with me and that would have all the colors I needed. This is exactly that. It's so travel friendly that I can just throw it in my carry on and be done with it.

What do you guys think of the Urban Decay Naked/Naked 2 palettes? Which is your favorite?

6 comments:

  1. I love my Naked Palette, but I kind of wish that I had waited and gotten the Naked 2... It came out about a month after I got the original one! Darn! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean! I don't wear very much eyeshadow, but I got Naked 2 as a birthday present and it's an amazing palette. I don't use any of my other palettes now that I have it! It's the perfect selection of neutrals, great for every day.

    Maya
    http://girllovescolor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. GUHHHHH I WANT THAT PALETTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so want the Naked palette
    Too bad they're not sold in Australia

    primpedandprimed.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never understood the hype about this palette but i understand it more now as i find myself always reaching for neutrals like these in the palettes i do have.. Any looks you've created with this that u can share? Xx

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips