2.12.2015

All Hail Davines · Part I


Davines OI Shampoo ($12-26) and Conditioner ($14-32)

Like skincare, haircare is something that is incredibly important to me. I was born with the curliest of ringlet curls — ones that are naturally dry, prone to breakage, and now color treated. I went a bit lighter. My bad. I had been using the same few products for a good year now (Moroccan Oil, Alterna, etc) and really felt the need to use something different.

Into the Gloss published this little baby not too far back and I was immediately intrigued. No I don't have the same hair concerns as the author but when someone claims that a sulfate-free haircare line basically changed their life, I listen. I did quite a bit of research on the line, waited to make sure it all felt right and made the purchase.

So yep. That happened.

Davines OI shampoo and conditioner are a complete godsend. They've changed my hair for the better and I can't say enough good things. You don't need to use much shampoo at all and it never feels like it's drying your hair out. If anything my hair feels more moisturized after shampooing which is kind of a weird sensation. The conditioner is incredibly thick and I usually use it in one of two ways:

1. I use a very small amount and condition normally (aka apply mid-shaft to ends and let sit for 2-3 minutes)
2. I grab a scoopful with my hand, apply, and let sit on my hair for a good 10 minutes before rinsing

The first way is great for an every day condition, especially on dry, damaged hair. It doesn't seem to weigh down my hair and the shine/texture I'm left with after styling is beautiful. The latter is amazing for a super rich deep condition which is something I find I need once a week or so. I love that one product can also be multi-use!

Obviously I'm way too excited about shampoo and conditioner but when you have hair that never seems to want to be tamed, you can't help but rejoice over lack of frizz and smooth smooth hair.

P.S. This line is sulfate and paraben free.

What are your favorite Davines products?!

18 comments:

  1. sulfate and paraben-free are always good things to hear. i don't give my hair enough love but you've given me the inspiration to do so :) glad to see you're back and blogging - missed you!

    -susan | le jolie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Davines! My two favorite products are the oi all in one milk (it leaves my hair extremely soft and tagle free) and melu conditioner. I also like oi oil but it's not the best oil I've ever tried.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uuh, interesting, might need to investigate this! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used that it's the best ever

    http://hashtagliz.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to find shampoo that I stick, and stop being so fickle. Both of these sound great.

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Davines products! Another favourite is Kevin Murphy, their products are amazing (!!) & silicone, paraben and sulfate free!! Jennifer Aniston's Living Proof is also supposed to be really good, especially for curly frizz-prone hair, never tried them myself but I've only heard great things about them. I also have curly dry hair (and yes, felt the need to go lighter...). I usually have 2 different haircare options in my shower, because as the skin the hair also have the ability to get used to the products and they kind of loose their effect. x S.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been meaning to try Davines products for ages but never got around to it. This post is a reminder that I need to get my hands on something by Davines. Anything, it seems.
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, these look and sound lovely! Thanks for the recommendation :)

    Tessa at Bramble & Thorn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been looking for something to give some life to my hair. Thanks for the tip!
    Gem. x

    slightgem.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never heard of davines before, but their products sound amazing! :)
    The Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. It’s a really great post! Thank you for sharing!
    Like your blog very much!)
    p.s. new post - how I met Victoria Beckham http://www.dianacloudlet.com/2015/02/victoria-beckham-zip-pouch-met-victoria-beckham.html

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a new brand to me, I struggle with unruly hair all the time so i might just try this sometime. : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Will be trying Davines out. Thanks for the tip!

    http://www.fashiontilt.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoy it for creating the details, keep up the truly amazing perform continuing convert psd to wordpress theme

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. At Kingsbury Creations we have taken two well-loved stories and transformed them into exciting school musicals, perfect for junior schools and musical
    theatre groups. Over the years these shows have proved so adaptable, they have been successful in a huge variety of productions all over the world from
    KS2 primary school musicals to professional adult performances.

    primary school shows

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips