10.28.2014

Glossier Phase 1 Set



When one of your favorite beauty-focused internet-reads announces a surprise project, you pay attention. That was definitely the case for me when Into the Gloss announced Glossier. I mean, ITG is basically my beauty bible at this point — can you blame me?

The Phase 1 Set includes four products and the cutest little sticker set. Never a letdown with these guys, huh.

The Soothing Face Mist is magical. Magical in the sense that it's exactly the kind of product I want to use to refresh my skin during the day and just the perfect base after cleansing and before makeup application. The rosewater makes spritzing this on feel just a teensy bit luxurious, and I'm totally okay with that.

I got the Perfecting Skin Tint in Medium and I have no regrets. It's a very close match to my skin currently and I figure winter rolls around I can grab the lighter shade and mix the two. I was unsure if I'd like this due to how light and watery it seemed on the back of my hand but alas, I was wrong. I love the application (especially with a stippling brush or fingers) and the finish is gorgeous. It's light but not too light and it looks SO natural. Not to mention how dewy it is. This stuff is on daily rotation.

Aside from the fact that it's called the Balm Dotcom, I have to say that this little tube is kind of the bomb. I wasn't sure how I was going to use this stuff at first but my boo Amy told me to use it on my lips and hey, I'm a convert. I've also been applying to my cuticles and ugh, it's amazing. Super moisturizing and hydrating; it lasts for so long, even on lips! This is one of those products that I just need to be carrying with me at all times (and I do).

I'm picky when it comes to moisturizers, you should know this. It's so hard for me to find something light enough for my liking that also provides my skin with some real hydration. PSA: I love Glossier's Priming Moisturizer. It's light, it feels fresh on the skin, it fully skins in and doesn't leave a weird layer of leftover product after application. My face feels more supple and soft and I'm hoping that with continuous use, I'll see a little less redness too.

So I guess basically what I'm saying is that Glossier knocked it out of the park. I can't wait to see what they do next. Hurry up, Phase 2. I'll try to be patient.


10 comments:

  1. Chels, I think I may need you to order this and ship it over for me if the shipping isn't outrageous! I will love you forever and ever x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to try some of this! I def want the Balm Dotcom
    Allison from http://www.mercuteify.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mist sounds really, really nice! And I love the name 'balm dotcom'.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these products sound amazing! The priming moisturiser sounds like something I need in my life ASAP.

    Tessa / Bramble & Thorn

    ReplyDelete
  5. how do you think the moisturizer and skin tint would turn out on oily skin? I love the way dewy finishes look but they always look kind of greasy on me! I'm especially curious about the moisturizer since it is supposed to be like a primer as well. I love ITG too, and I was so excited when they announced Glossier! Did you get to go to the pop up store they have in nyc?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am praying they will start shipping to Europe (Ireland to be precise) very very very soon! The packaging, the stickers, the products. They have just seemed to NAIL it! Emily Weiss is the bomb :)

    Fee X
    http://www.pingle-blog.com/

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips