9.02.2014

August 2014 Favorites



How crazy is it that August is over? Gonna be honest though, super stoked for fall weather; leaves changing, chilly nights and gorgeous days. Put me on a rooftop and give me a glass of Pinot and I'll be good. I think I have an obsession with rooftops, guys.

It's been hot in New York — really hot with a stupid amount of humidity that makes you want to shower 341482 times a day. Not cute, therefore minimalism was definitely a thing for me. Less is more and all that jazz. 

To help combat oils, I stuck to the matte side of MAKE's Custom Finish Effects Matte Dew.  It's super silky and will help in any places you need a little less shine. On the other hand, when the nights are cooler, I've been loving the dewy side for a purposely-glowy boost. It's perfect and I really want to try their Face Gloss when the cooler weather comes.

Nude lips are my thing as of late. MAC's Hug Me + Viva Glam V Lipglass are the perfect combo. I usually hate lipgloss but I can't stop wearing this one. If you're looking for a pink nude that leans towards the brown side (as I normally do), definitely check these two out. Obsessed.

While NARS Douceur is my every-day blush of choice, I've started to fall a bit for Margin again. It's kind of a brown peach color with a frost finish so it's gorgeous on tanned / yellow-toned skin. Paired with the aforementioned nude lip and a bit of liner? Hell yes.

Switching gears to bases, Fresh's moisturizer is still in rotation. It's light and hydrating and I can't get enough. NARS Tinted Moisturizer is the new love of my life. It stays on through the hot summer days and doesn't melt off while waiting for the subway (guuuuuuhhhh). The coverage is on the lighter side but totally buildable.

And so we have my August favorites. Let me know if you guys would like me to do separate reviews for any of these! Happy September!


17 comments:

  1. The MAC blush looks so pretty, I really fancy picking up Douceur too. I've just got NARS' new Unlawful blush which is so perfect for Autumn.

    Catherine, xo // Lady Liquor

    ReplyDelete
  2. The MAC blush looks gorgeous! I haven't heard of it before but I'm definitely interested in giving it a go. xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  3. That MAKE Matte Dew sounds like a really interesting product… thanks for sharing, I definitely will be looking into that one now :)

    ♥Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't heard of the MAKE Cosmetics before, but I love the sound of this duo :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is random and nothing to do with your favourites, but your photography is amazing!


    Femme Fatale

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never seen that Mac blush before and its beautiful! Lovely post :) x

    http://xxchloescloset.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look of that lip glass, such a pretty colour!

    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  8. That MAC blush looks stunning!

    Sophia | sophiebysophia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the NARS tinted moisturiser! I found it had great staying power, and the coverage was just enough for a tinted moisturiser. Quite keen to try the MAC Margin Blush too.

    Madame Raptor x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the shade of that MAC blush - super pretty!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the concept of the Matte Dew! I have to try MAC Margin, I always swatch it in store! ;) xx

    Gyudy’s Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  12. okay, being in new york right now can i just say I FEEL U about waiting for the subway. do they friggen heat those tunnels or something? like, some fans wouldn't kill them, come on. most train stations in australia are above ground though because it's mostly an overground network so it's rarely as hot as every subway station ever in NY. i am super glad about the weather though, i love summer and i wouldn't change this weather for anything cause apparently it's been raining for two weeks straight back home so i'm not going back until it starts getting warm again, haha.

    little henry lee

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've reminded me that I've always wanted Nars Doucer!
    I'd really like the try the Nars tinted moisturiser again properly because I only tried a little sample. I've forever been a fan of Laura Mercier's tinted moisturiser though. But, recently I've discovered Giorgio Armani's Luminous SIlk foundation and I can't stop using it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I keep meaning to purchase the NARS Tinted Moisturiser but I'm still working my way through the Chantecaille one which I really loved. I hear so many good things about the NARS though and I did try a sample once so I'll definitely pick it up eventually.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips