5.21.2013

Rosebud Perfume Co. Rosebud Salve



Rosebud Perfume Co. Rosebud Salve / $6

The smell of roses in a vintage-inspired tin. One of the best products to pop on your lips at any sign of dryness or  dehydration. What's not to love? I picked this up on my way out of Sephora. You know how they put tons of cute little products right by the check-out? Sometimes I have the worst self-restraint. Oops.

I'd read quite a bit about this stuff before, about how good it was supposed to be on lips and other chapped bits. Apparently even burns and rough heels. Who would have thought? I mostly use this on my lips when I'm sat at home doing whatever it is that I'm doing. It provides a nice little bit of hydration and gloss, not too much and not too little. I think it's one of the best summertime "glosses" because it just barely adds a touch of color while keeping your lips feeling awesome in the hot months, and really, it's not a fussy product. No overly ridiculous stickiness or super sweet candy smells (don't get me wrong, I love me some sweet smelling glosses). Just a simple lip product for a simple makeup day.

This is also great to use before bedtime because waking up with super soft lips is one of the best feelings ever; no doubt about that. The only qualm I actually have with this product is (even though it's beautiful)... the tin. I hate sticking my fingers in a little pot of balm. It feels weird and unsanitary sometimes buuuuut I just found out they make a tube version of this now, so all is well. Win/win!

Have you guys tried this before? What are your favorite simple summer balms and glosses?

P.S. I might be a little less active in the next week or two. My camera is broken (RIP) so I won't be getting blogging done until I get a new one :( /sadtimes

22 comments:

  1. I have no self control on the cute little things by the cash either, but at least it was only $6! I really like the sound of it, and I will keep my eyes out for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been thinking about trying this (although the strawberry scent), but I've never gotten around to purchasing it. I've got the Nivea lip butter and it works just fine for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the Sephora marketing strategies get me every time. You have inspired me to dig mine out of the drawer! Lovely post (not to mention overall blog). Avoir!

    parisiantobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this stuff!! I hate the tin aspect too, but it just isn't as cute in tube form. Haha, I am so picky. Really great buy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried this balm out a few years ago and I absolutely loved it. It added a subtle yet lovely rosey tint to my lips and it lasted a very long time. I didn't know they released a tube version of this balm - I'll definitely want to check it out :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't resist getting this near the checkout line, it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this in tube form and love it; it's the best thing to put on your lips before bed!!

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds really good, I want to try it!
    I discovered your blog yesterday and I´m very impressed!
    Beste wishes from Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these kinds of potted lip balms, but for hygiene reasons I only use them before bed when my hands are clean- you might like the Rose & Co Apothocary rose one, it's beautiful and my favourite! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love smith's rosebud salve! in fact i've bought almost their whole range - rosebud, rose & mint, strawberry & mocha. the packaging is really what makes it, but then there's also the lovely smell and the fact that it's such a nice product. i wish these guys made more than just lipbalm but i'm pretty sure that's all they do.

    little henry lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I basically want all of them and I totally blame you! x

      Delete
  12. I love the Strawberry version of this, it does give subtle color which is a nice touch! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this, too, and in the winter I love the version of this with mint.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this stuff! I use it everyday. I like to put some on, blot and apply my lip stick.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Also, your pictures are so beautiful in their simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i used to love this stuff when i used this in college. besides lip balm, I would put it on my nose when i had colds (to prevent chapped flaky nose, you know!) and even on my knuckles when it was really cold. I remember it really worked for me back then! i had the strawberry too and liked that one as well :) I definitely went through a few of these!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love me my rosebud salve! I think I heard of it first about eight years ago when Alicia keys told seventeen magazine it was one of her staples

    ReplyDelete
  18. This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. This is very nice one and gives indepth information. Thanks for this nice article.
    obat aborsi
    jual obat aborsi

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips