3.04.2013

California Midriff


Top / Brandy Melville
Skirt / Topshop
Caroline Sweater / Brandy Melville
Shoes / H&M

I haven't done one of these in so long but ugh, I had so much fun shooting it. I wanted to see how I looked in a crop top since they're so ~in~ right now so I tied up this BM shirt and popped on a maxi dress. With some words of encouragement from my dear friend Maz, I set up the tripod and shot away. I actually enjoy these kinds of posts much more than reviewing products so here's to hoping I'll actually start doing more.

Brandy Melville is a brand I fell in love with a few summers back while galavanting around one of my favorite places: SoHo. I ended up with a super cute sweater (RIP), a long white tee with a cross, and a slouchy faux No 5 shirt which I love to death. I own quite a bit from them now, but it's all just so justifiable. Everything they make is just super soft and no matter what you buy, their pieces will always look great paired together. Easy outfits, fuck yeah. The Topshop skirt was bought on a whim this past autumn and while it may have been unloved for a while, I'm really loving it in this 70ยบ weather. Now all I need are some chunky wedges or strappy leather sandals...

I'm still not totally comfortable baring a part of my body that is normally always covered up, but there's something about crop tops that I just can't seem to get enough of. Plus, if this isn't the perfect excuse to start working out more, I don't know what is. I think what I love most about this outfit is that it really is me. It totally suits my personality and even with a teeny bit of midriff-insecurity, I still feel so comfortable.

15 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous you tiny little thing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a gorgeous look. It's so simple and chic, you look beautiful!

    Dusterknuckles | Fashion. Beauty. Lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nail polish color is beautiful!!! Gorgeous face and outfit, I must say!

    GREAT post!

    xo KCN

    ReplyDelete
  4. give me your figure? Kthanks. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outfits posts are my favourite ones to write/shoot/do as well! :) I really really love this outfit and let me tell ya, you are pulling it off big time. I think you showed just enough skin here and it's still super classy.
    I knew that sweater was BM the moment I saw it!!! I've been lusting after their clothes for over a year now....but prices are extortionate in Canada. :(

    http://jemaroons.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maz! Yay :D

    I love that skirt on you - I could never pull that off though without trimming a few inches from my hips and thighs first (it's the Italian genes in me) :P Looks lovely. More posts like this please XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you look great, and very elegant! What a cool look :)

    Love,
    Kimberley
    www.ohthatkimberley.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This outfit is SO AWESOME! Not a big fan of Brandy Melville because their customer service stinks but if the sales associates just disappeared I'd want every single piece! You've got a very nice figure so go ahead and flaunt it with crop tops! :) Hope you do more of these and maybe do a post on how you set up to take these pictures? (i'm so inept when it comes to taking OOTD pictures, haha) Very lovely :)

    - Jess
    The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have absolutely no need to work out more!! You look absolutely perfect in a crop top and super form fitting outfit... I'm so jealous as I don't have the confidence to pull off midriff :)

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. midriff=amazing! you look fantastic in this look!!!
    fun post!

    xo. c & v
    cake & valley

    ReplyDelete
  11. amazing photos, love the outfit!
    Emma xx
    http://iemmafashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks fantastic. The crop top / high skirt is a combination I'd really like to try out when it warms up a bit in London. But then I'm a bit nervous about showing skin. This post has rekindled the thought in my mind though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That skirt looks super comfy! Cute look:)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. I swear I commented on this two days ago but I'll try again haha. I think you look lovely and showing a lil midriff totally suits you! Love the neutral colours, too xx

    whimxy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What nail polish are you wearing? OBSESSED with it!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips