2.28.2013

February Beauty Favorites: the duos



I literally can't believe that it's already the end of February but I'm welcoming March with open arms in hope that it'll start to get a bit warmer. I'm an autumn girl at heart but all I really want right now is to take some long walks at the Stanford campus in a sundress.

This month's favorites was not intentionally pairs of products, but when I pulled out everything I've been loving, I realized they are things I love using together.

First up we've got a duo I've been wearing for probably two months now when I'm not in the mood to slather on a bit of YSL. The Laura Mercier Mineral Powder is something I've wanted to try since EsteĆ© and Barbara raved about it quite a bit. Decent coverage, natural finish, no caking, you know how it goes. The BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector in moonstone is something I usually wear under any foundation. That said, I find it looks particularly stunning under the LM mineral powder. Keep an eye out for a review of this soon. 

Is it a surprise I'm mentioning Patisserie? No, probably not. I'm still obsessed and wearing it daily. Paired with that, I've got NARS Douceur. Ever since I lost my beloved Tarte Exposed, I've been consistently wearing Douceur on the daily. It's the perfect dusty rose and goes with basically any lip and eye combo. Let's just say it's my new favorite blush.

I'm not that fussy about my nails, except when they chip after day 1 or 2. American Apparel Office lasted almost perfectly until day 6, and started chipping lots on day 7. I'll take it. Then there is Seche Vite, my topcoat of choice. It helps keep my polish in tip top shape and I really just like the way it feels, ha.

I got this little baby back in a Glossybox but threw it to the side and was all "yeah not interested". Well, things have changed. At first thought that this LIERAC Gommage Sensoriel was an exfoliator for your face. After a quick google search I was proved wrong (it's for your body) but that didn't stop me. I really love using this on my face — it's a pretty gentle exfoliant and once rubbed in, it turns milky and leaves your skin feeling super soft. I love it so much that I will be purchasing and reviewing it once I have the full sized tub in my possession.

Oh look. NARS Pro-Prime — do you guys remember how I was totally meh about this stuff? Fast forward to now. I tried going a day with out it and that was a baaaad mistake. My foundation felt as if it just didn't sit right on non-primed skin and I was slightly cringing all day. As for longevity, I found that certain parts of my foundation (around the nose/cheeks) faded faster than normal. Pro-prime, I'm sorry and I love you.

That's all folks! My fingers are now screaming from all that typing and my tea has gone cold, so I'm gonna go whip up a new mug and enjoy the day. What do you guys think of these products? Would you be interested in a (shorter) non-beauty favs?

20 comments:

  1. That American Apparel shade is divine! I've never tried their polishes, but with such longevity I think I may have to give it a go. Thanks for the tip.

    You take such beautiful photographs of such simple things, I love your photographic style.

    Jennie x
    Stitches On The Radio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great favorites!! And it only seems appropriate that they came in duos for the month of February (you know with Valentines, love, togetherness and all that business). I love the way Seche Vite feels on my nails as well :)

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are beautiful!

    www.ellesappellepauline.blogspot.nl

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read your reviews on Douceur and Patisserie. I think I need both! I already own a few NARS blushes and am very much in love with them all so I have confidence in a new addition :) I can probably scrounge up enough empties (or oldies) to Back 2 MAC it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aah I love Pattiserie too :) really love your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this entry was just the right length - I really enjoyed reading it! I kinda giggled a little when I came to the part where you apologized to the Nars primer :P I find that my foundation fades a lot around my nose too, but that's always because I'm blowing it (yucky, I know, but I have a really runny nose all the time). I just have ti remember to put extra coverage there - I like using YSL Touche Eclat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! I'm definitely going to pick up the Nars pro-prime when I'm back in SF! Beauty products in Australia are sold at extortionate prices. Almost 3x the price in the US :( I loved Seche Vite, though mine went really goopy after a month or two.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to try Patisserie... partly just because of the cute name! I'm curious about using that BECCA product under the Laura Mercier mineral powder. I use that powder and love it, but I've never used it with a primer or anything underneath! Beautiful pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so desperate to try a NARS primer!

    Dusterknuckles | Fashion. Beauty. Lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. To be honest I have never gotten on with the Laura Mercier Mineral Powder, it makes my pores look massive. But I do adore the becca shimmering skin perfector :) it's probably my favourite makeup product which is a pretty huge deal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my NARS Douceur looks like such a pretty color! I'm bias because I love all things NARS but it does look SO pretty! I've seen the American Apparel nail polishes and was unsure of how well they would work. After this testimony I may go pick up a color or two I've been eyeing :) Great favorites and I LOVE your pictures!

    - Jess
    The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh I'm obsessed with your photographic style. Also being very tempted to purchase Patisserie, Douceur, and Office!

    http://jemaroons.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so tempted to try the Laura Mercier powder . . . I remember Estee and Barbara raving about it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. your photos are always so lovely.
    I finished the Laura Mercier Powder over the summer, it was such a nice product
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the LM Mineral Powder Foundation. I really want to try the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm seriously going to have to try Mac Patisserie and Nars Douceur, they are such beautiful colours! And thank you for the beautiful photography, Chelsea. Somehow you convey such chic beauty! Very french!

    Love,
    Kimberley xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Shorter favorites? Never! I love reading about all of your favorites, no matter how many there are. I've been intrigued by the LM foundation for almost a year now, but I was always so unsure that a powder foundation would show up well on my skin. Maybe it's about time I try a sample though. Btw, beautiful photos, as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just bought the NARS Pro-Prime and NARS Sheer Glow Foundation and I quite like them! It just doesn't cover enough when my skin breaks out, but eh. I've been looking for a natural-looking foundation for quite a while and this meets my expectations :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting!

twitter · tumblr · instagram

Blogging tips